Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2006, 07:59 AM

Default Re: The Game - The guide to achiving pimp status

g,

I will keep that in mind and try to pick up some random chicks on the street this week. This has been something I've needed to improve on for a long time. It seems like every week there are at least a couple of girls I pass by that I later think "man, I should have said something to her."
Old 04-04-2006, 08:05 AM

El D,

I am jealous that I was taught to spell at an early age and it has held me back in life. Damn the haters.
Old 04-04-2006, 08:10 AM

sicc,

What I really like about that guy is that after the haters tried their best to ruin his life and succeeded in screwing up his MD, he ended up with the last laugh - playing poker, banging models, and drinking umbrella drinks on the beach, while the haters are getting paged in the middle of the night to prescribe some ex-lax!!!! Who's laughing now, bitches?
Old 04-04-2006, 08:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
g,

I will keep that in mind and try to pick up some random chicks on the street this week. This has been something I've needed to improve on for a long time. It seems like every week there are at least a couple of girls I pass by that I later think "man, I should have said something to her."

[/ QUOTE ]

why didn't you say something? if the girl-walking-down-the-street scenario happens to you quite frequently, spend an hour or something writing some "canned" lines. that way, you'll IMMEDIATELY have something to say. it's very very VERY difficult to be spontaneous and pull everything off the first few times you try to do it. have some lines ready.

back when i was still teaching, one of the exercises i would make my students do (who has the same problem like you) is to talk to random girls on the street during lunch hour and say something like "hi, i'm working on my confidence and it'd be AWESOME if you can chat with me for just a few seconds" or "hi, my therapist (or whoever) says i should try to make new friends everyday... you wouldn't mind having a new friend, would you?" just to let them realize that:

a. it really isn't important what you say to a chick
b. what's more important is how you say it and how you come off

just remember not to be shy and be relaxed and that if you get snubbed or whatever, it's OK because there's already another girl walking behind her and she looks hotter and friendlier than the last one (who brushed you off).
Old 04-04-2006, 08:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
g,

[/ QUOTE ]

why didn't you say something? if the girl-walking-down-the-street scenario happens to you quite frequently, spend an hour or something writing some "canned" lines. that way, you'll IMMEDIATELY have something to say. it's very very VERY difficult to be spontaneous and pull everything off the first few times you try to do it. have some lines ready.

back when i was still teaching, one of the exercises i would make my students do (who has the same problem like you) is to talk to random girls on the street during lunch hour and say something like "hi, i'm working on my confidence and it'd be AWESOME if you can chat with me for just a few seconds" or "hi, my therapist (or whoever) says i should try to make new friends everyday... you wouldn't mind having a new friend, would you?" just to let them realize that:

a. it really isn't important what you say to a chick
b. what's more important is how you say it and how you come off

just remember not to be shy and be relaxed and that if you get snubbed or whatever, it's OK because there's already another girl walking behind her and she looks hotter and friendlier than the last one (who brushed you off).

[/ QUOTE ]

That is some gooooooood sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet !
Old 04-04-2006, 08:59 AM

Ive read these sites and most of the information seemed pretty obvious/standard. The general consesus also seems to be that this stuff comes natural for some men, but not for others. I think Diablo is correct when he says that just talking to women is the hardest step for most guys.

Diablo,

First off, you need to make some sort of eye contact. Then Smile. Then speak. Just say anything. Its not the words that matter, its the way you speak, and the eye contact. Then you smile and look away.

Personally, I have it SO EASY because I just say something in Thai. I will say something like "Thai Language is not difficult at all". Otherwise I will say something like "Can I give you a hug".

A MATTER OF FACT, this might work well for you. Learn another language and then speak to her in it.

This will get her interested. Then she will be asking you to tell her what it means. Already she is chasing you.

then you say, hey lets get coffee and ill tell you all about the mountains i climbed in africa!!!

(i guess it really doesnt matter but i really think canned pick up lines suck. that "i want to gain confidence by talking to girls" does not sound natural. it sounds like you planned it. natural element is important imho)
Old 04-04-2006, 09:06 AM

El D,

The most amazing thing is that Dr. poopstar made all these moves in life by just becoming rich and famous. (which was much easier than learning to use "games and stages and lines and whatnot")
Old 04-04-2006, 09:07 AM

KKF,

Are you going to come to Vegas this summer and prove that you are not some huge nerd who moved to Thailand cuz he was getting bullied at school?
Old 04-04-2006, 09:07 AM

g3,

Wow, the Entourage chick. Nice! Keep up the good work, baby!
Old 04-04-2006, 09:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
(i guess it really doesnt matter but i really think canned pick up lines suck. that "i want to gain confidence by talking to girls" does not sound natural. it sounds like you planned it. natural element is important imho)

[/ QUOTE ]

KKF, i'm afraid you're missing the point of the "hi, i'm working on my confidence..." line. remember, this is AN EXERCISE for guys who are having trouble opening up women (on the streets especially).

the point is NOT to pick up chicks (although that wouldn't be so bad if it worked out that way) right away. the point of that exercise (and that line) is to make the guys realize that openers or what you say to a woman doesn't really matter that much. that it's not THAT big of a deal.

you know the saying "first impressions last"? well, in the pick up world, the impression that will stick in her mind is NOT what you said to her! rather, it will be how you made her feel and/or how you came off. it's very very VERY important that you're not nervous (therefore, the "canned" line... so they wouldn't be forced to "think on their feet" which will only make them nervous). if you are, then you'll make her feel the same. she'll unconsciously pick up on it and mirror it.

for women, it's all about their emotions. us guys are more tuned in to the visual stuff - how she looks, how big her butt is, etc. women are all about the subtle/sub-conscious stuff - how you come off, how your tonality sounds (is he nervous? is he telling the truth?), what vibe are you giving off this second, etc.

we wanted them to get over that fear... that hurdle... so they can focus more on the important stuff.