Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2006, 07:27 PM

Default Re: Sabathia pwned

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Duh. 6'7" 290? Generous.

How many 290 pound pitchers have there ever been? Not many if any. And if so, they didn't log too many innings.

I'm just tired of hearing how good this guy is. Sure he's got good stuff, but so does Kerry Wood, and Mark Prior.

RESULTS.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, 157 starts before he's 25 with 69 wins, 972 IP, and a 4.10 ERA? But we need results!

[/ QUOTE ]

69 wins isn't 1/3 the way to the Hall. The way they blow this guy's horn you'd think he already has a foot in.

On a side note, I think it's his crooked hat that irks me about him. I'm not saying he doesn't have good stuff, but what good is a 290 pound guy who's hurt? Not much. Maybe he'll have time to learn how to properly center his bill on his head?

Bobby Jenks came into camp 5 pounds HEAVIER than in the WS, and Guillen chastized him and basically took the closer role from him until he loses fat. Jenks is no Sabathia, but I do think they need to keep CC in shape. If he's 290 at 25, how much will he (listed) weight at 35? 315??

Lose weight, and fix your hat, C.C.
Old 04-03-2006, 07:40 PM

Who the hell is talking about CC as a HOF type player?
Old 04-04-2006, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh come on. Do you own ESPN? They haven't said it, but they've certainly intimated the idea.
Old 04-04-2006, 02:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh come on. Do you own ESPN? They haven't said it, but they've certainly intimated the idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

Commenting on a player's ability and potential is different from anoiting him a HOFer. In the second half of last season CC was 9-1 with a 2.24 era- his stuff can be as good as anyone's in the league. Its possible that he can't find the consistancy needed to be a perennial cy young contender, or perhaps his frame and build will lead to injuries that will keep him from being somthing amazing to watch. Eitehr way there isn't anything exoberant in the way ESPN treats him considering they find one or two players' jocks per game and latch on.