Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2006, 08:26 PM

Default Adderal

I know many of the posters here are college students so i assume they know what Adderal is, but if not it it prescribed medication for ADD/ADHD. A lot of students buy it off of people with prescriptions and take it to study, it helps to focus and stay alert. Use of it is pretty widespread, at least at my university.

My question is, does the use of it affect the recipient in the long-run? even long after it usage has stopped?
Old 04-03-2006, 08:28 PM

Default Re: Adderal

How do you get prescribed this stuff? Do you have to take tests and prove you have ADD or just complain about it?
Old 04-03-2006, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How do you get prescribed this stuff? Do you have to take tests and prove you have ADD or just complain about it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Shant,

they do actually have tests for it.

however, if you decide to complain enough and/or are relatively dumb/without ambition, they will give you some.

regards,

ness
Old 04-03-2006, 08:33 PM

if you convince a doctor that you have an attention defecit disorder than you might get prescribed adderal or something like it. my roommate freshman year went to the doctor and tried to convince him that he had ADD, he was not successful. a lot of people have this prescribed to them(or something like it). it is all over the news how doctors over-diagnose ADD to children.
Old 04-03-2006, 09:50 PM

Adderal is a stimulant, it goes in and out of your body very quickly, with little side effects. I suppose if you take far to much, it could be bad, but I take approx. 30mg a day, with no long term worries. If you want to take it to study, take 20-60 milligrams, and you'll be fine.
Old 04-03-2006, 09:54 PM

My roomate recently tried to get Adderall for his "ADD." His doctor referred him to a therapist, who he has to meet with several times before she will even think about presribing anything.

Long run use is only dangerous in high doses, up to about 60 mg or so a day, you should be fine.
Old 04-03-2006, 09:59 PM

It's not a stimulant it's an amphetamine.

I'm pretty severely Add (when I'm not medicated, I seriously act the same as I do after power hour).

adderal doesnt do anything to you in the long run, IMO, but i only take 20 mg a day. when I take more, I'm pretty f'ed up
Old 04-03-2006, 10:08 PM

From my friends that take it for real ADD disorders, they say that if you take it to study, you should stay on it through the test because you will have trouble remembering things you studied for while using it.
Old 04-03-2006, 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It's not a stimulant it's an amphetamine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isiah Thomas isn't a bad GM--he just makes his teams a lot worse.

scrub
Old 04-03-2006, 10:25 PM

I got diagnosed with ADD, it took two trips to the psychologist. He gave me some test that asked questions like 'you have trouble paying attention in class, strongly agree, agree, disagree, strongly disagree' - Basically it was 50 of those questions, and even if you didn't have ADD it'd be very easy to fake it and get diagnosed. The psychologist called my doctor and recommended I get prescribed adderall. He prescribed me a 90 day supply of both 20mg XR's and 10mg tablets - it cost me $40 total.

When I first got the script I took 20 mg XR (time release) every day and could definitely tell a difference. However, coming down from adderall sucks for me. I have no appetite while on it and I'll have a bagel all day, so by the time the drugs wear off I'm running on empty. I got sick of feeling like that and stopped taking it.