Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2006, 12:48 PM

Default 3/6 Whoops, I built a big pot

I feel like I just got myself into more trouble than i baragined for, alternatives?

Villian is barely known, hasnt made an impression on me so far.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero
Old 04-03-2006, 01:00 PM

Default Re: 3/6 Whoops, I built a big pot

I often call here but I think it's a leak. With those cold callers, there's no way you have 5 clean outs here as QT is a definite possibility and the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] is dirty. I think bailing on the turn is fine as you're not closing the action.
Old 04-03-2006, 01:04 PM

This is an easy fold.
Old 04-03-2006, 01:07 PM

It's tough to play this against an unknown, because some players will do this with QJ or QT(which gets there). There are some serious nutcases playing 6-max. You call the turn and fold the river UI only to see that you folded the best hand. This is how mice and keyboards get broken.

I might just get out here on the turn, but probably would just call and fold if it is raised behind me. The QT draw came in, and with the SB and the BB going along for the ride on the flop I would have trouble believing my hand to be good, even if it improves. Looks like you are either drawing dead to 33 or have outs vs. KQ/AK/KJ. Chances are, either SB or BB is on a flush draw, reducing your outs to 2-3 cards.

The more I think about it, the more I'd be inclined to fold this.