Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2006, 09:32 PM

Default Re: how can this NOT be collusion?

[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I'm surprised that this isn't *more* of an issue in games where the stakes are so high and the player pools are so small.

[/ QUOTE ]

im thinking this is the main reason that the highest NL games (like 200-400nl) on the net are almost always HU matches.
Old 04-02-2006, 11:52 PM

Why would a colluder show down the weak hand? Why not reraise and fold to a cap, which is bad in most cases but more reasonable than calling 2 cold with jack high?
Old 04-03-2006, 12:41 AM

the colluders didn't want to showdown their hand tahts why they made it two bets to go on teh river. PLayer c the victim called and A folded. B had to show since c called his raise
Old 04-03-2006, 01:19 AM

this looks like collusion, but A could have AdKd, and thought both of them were on draws.

player B could have just been an tilting idiot for one hand, and if he put C and A on draws also, then the river raise works out.

i recommend not playing in the game if these two players are sitting down, or watching them more closely, but you can't prove anything from one hand.
Old 04-03-2006, 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this looks like collusion, but A could have AdKd, and thought both of them were on draws.

player B could have just been an tilting idiot for one hand, and if he put C and A on draws also, then the river raise works out.

i recommend not playing in the game if these two players are sitting down, or watching them more closely, but you can't prove anything from one hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah it's like when you pass a guy in a car driving really slowly and erraticly in the right lane. Later the same car passes you but all of a sudden there is a guy and a girl in the car.

I'm sure you can't infer anything from a single instance but you can make a real good guess.

BTW I don't even play limit but this is about as bad as I see people play at .5/1 when drunk and tilting.
Old 04-03-2006, 05:17 AM

--nm--
Old 04-03-2006, 10:04 AM

the turn is the only street where they two guys dont take the opportunity to raise the victim out. cappping the turn here from B's perspective should be a must if they are taking every chance to get the victim out.

however, it may be that B can represent more hands when the river card falls when he/she just calls the turn and raises the river.

either way, this is amazingly fishy. in a bad way.

im not one of those guys that has played near 1mil hands in my lifetime but for all the hands i have played, this is the most blatent cheating ive ever seen.

Barron
Old 04-03-2006, 11:31 AM

post their names please. I am not one for witchunts or anything... but this hand is extreme- and almost definitely collusion.
Old 04-03-2006, 12:54 PM

FWIW, I'm in the not-beyond-the-shadow-of-a-doubt camp.

If I were in your shoes, Josh, I'd report them to UB (which it looks like you've already done), and field PMs from people who might be interested in playing in this game and would like to know the identities of the players involved. But I think a public shaming is a bit much. I'm having a little bit of trouble wrapping my head around the fact that trying to get a calling station to fold in a huge pot is an ineffective collusive strategy.
Old 04-03-2006, 01:23 PM

FWIW my buddy is player C and as soon as this hand happened he sat out and vowed never to play with these guys again.

He told me who player A was and I was pretty shocked. Definetely didn't seem in line from what I've heard/know about this person, but I guess anything is possible.