Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2006, 08:26 AM

Default Re: The Game - The guide to achiving pimp status

[ QUOTE ]
G3: now that the game is spreading like wildfire what are some counter-strategies to girls who know about these techniques? have you ever came across a girl who knows what you're trying to do? I find this kind of interesting and rather discouraging, since now this is so mainstream, guys might be too late jumping on the warong.

[/ QUOTE ]

of course, this has happened PLENTY of times!

when i was still doing this teaching stuff, it wouldn't surprise me to go to a club or bar with a bunch of students and then show them how to deliver an opener AND have the girl say something like "that's the 3rd time i've heard that tonight! what's going on?"

what you should do if this happens is to simply brush it off. pretend it never happened. act like you didn't say anything. then just go on with the pick up.

some girls are persistent and will insist on knowing what's going on. in that case, you could say something like you read in the men's bathroom to ask-whatever-opener-you-used-on-her a chick in the bar and you could win a prize. she'll usually won't believe you and say something like "yeah, right" in which case you can drop the convo and go on with the pick up.

or, you can be honest and say that you're a PUA and are here to teach those guys (point to them) how to PU a woman (point to her). again, she'll usually won't believe you and you can drop the convo and go on with the PU.

we've accepted that it can and will happen. it's NOT a big deal. it's only a big deal if you make it one.

as for your other question, we've had a pretty LOOOOOONG discussion/debate about this over at the Lounge (before Neil started writing The Game). guys are calling other members... meeting each other... everyone has their own opinion but in the end, Neil was given the go signal by the majority of the community to go ahead and write the book because:

1. we will ALWAYS come up with newer/better stuff
2. it will be good for those who have businesses in the seduction community
3. it's about damn time

see, think of this as when Super/System first came out. the pros were sort of angry at Doyle for releasing such a book. now, the amateurs have a way to catch up. they now have an idea what the pros do. we in the community believed somewhat the same. the guys are getting lazy. nobody's coming up with new stuff anymore. everyone's just like "just do this, then do that, then follow it up with this" and we felt like a "shake" was needed to start things up again.

Neil's book was the answer.

what wasn't expected was the split of the community, particularly Mystery's Lounge. everyone sort of started their own businesses, websites, products, etc. and stopped sharing ideas in one central place - the Lounge. some got angry at each other for voting for Neil's book to be published.

but that's another story.
Old 04-03-2006, 08:51 AM

Default Re: simple question

[ QUOTE ]
I think this book is more than just an instructional manual. It's a true story with a great deal of entertainment value, not to mention being well written (this guy got a job writing for the NY Times upon graduation). I'm reading now - laugh out loud funny and difficult to put down.

[/ QUOTE ]

again, remember that Neil's book is NOT an "instruction manual" or a "step-by-step" guide to getting laid. it's simply Neil's story on how he got involved in a secret society of pick up artists. no more, no less.

a book that would probably *be* close to being a "step-by-step" guide is TD's book - The Blueprint. i've read a few chapters of it and it's f*cking crazy!

it's like all of his field & lay reports over at Mystery's Lounge (with the names edited of course) were collected and ordered to give the reader an idea on what to do in each situation. like, what to say to a woman and her possible responses/reactions. what to do next if she does A, then you follow that up with this... or if she does B, you do this. something like that.

it's still funny to me when people say "that's bulls*it!" or "that won't work!" they think that having some sort of "method" or "system" of picking up women is just ridiculous and impossible!

of course it is!

that is, until someone does it in front of you (or steals your gf in front of you). it won't seem like a pick up at first... because you're not "tuned" in to what he's doing. it all seems normal... when in fact, he's rehearsed it a hundred times and performed it a hundred more.

it's not manipulating women either or hypnotizing them or anything like that. it's not magic, either. it's a collection of ideas that have been proven (some, THOUSANDS of time) to be effective on women! then it gets broken down to age bracket for example, single or married or has a boyfriend, hot with low self-esteem or hot with an attitude, virgin or been around the blocks, etc. etc. etc.

again, if you do all this stuff naturally, good for you! you don't need this stuff. but again, for a lot of guys, they need help. they need help with their confidence. they need help how to get started.

like playing poker, limit hold'em especially. you are given this starting hands chart so you know what hands to play in each position. and, as you improve and learn more about the game, you start to ignore this starting hands chart.

PU, at first, is sort of like that. it's your training wheels to getting good with women.

no more, no less.

once you are in a relationship with a girl, well, we can't help you with that. i've never met anyone STILL in the community (Neil isn't included since he's not active anymore) who has a kid or kids or a wife or a real girlfriend. like i said in an earlier post - "the game" (not the book but the community behind it) is all about meeting women and getting laid.

beyond that, you're on your own.
Old 04-03-2006, 10:43 AM

Have you read Mystery's Venusian Arts Handbook? That seems to be the how-to guide of his method and it's got everything broken down pretty thoroughly.
Old 04-03-2006, 01:31 PM

g3,

So can a guy who's a 5 ever hope to do better than scoring an 8?

BTW I don't want shaky math such as having a orgy with four girl's who're 2's equals an 8.
Old 04-03-2006, 01:39 PM

Default Re: The Game

[ QUOTE ]
I was hoping this thread was going to be about the Michael Douglas/Sean Penn movie.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-03-2006, 01:55 PM

Default Re: The Game

g3,

I am a total noob to the game. Where can I learn as much as possible? How does one advance into the elite of the PUA's? I can't wait for TD's book, any inside info as to when its coming out?
Old 04-03-2006, 02:11 PM

I few years back a roommate of mine got into the community, and he started out as a 5 at best, with real iffy social skills with women. Within a few months he was dating a nine (by nearly any standard) who was bi and they went looking for threesomes.

BTW, guys can raise their number easier than girls can. Getting fit and having good grooming goes a loonng way (see Neil Strauss' "before" picture).
Old 04-03-2006, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

BTW, guys can raise their number easier than girls can. Getting fit and having good grooming goes a loonng way (see Neil Strauss' "before" picture).

[/ QUOTE ]
link?
Old 04-03-2006, 02:28 PM

Old 04-03-2006, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
OMG!