Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2006, 12:48 AM

Default How Can you explain sience and god

I have thought for sometime and can never figure out on how to explain god, religion, and scientific proof. Scientist have uncovered many things on what is fact or belief. There are hundreds of different religions out there have some similitaries and major differances. Going off topic, From the differance is I believe on where hate and racism developes. But I have took classes and read books by scientist caculating, digging, searching, and discovering evolution, which I still think is still somewhat questionable, showing what were made out of by the tinyest littlest speck from cells to DNA. Therosing on how and why we hate, love, kill, and homosexualty and so on.
But besides from that, what really ashtonishes me is how we can have the worst case of anything, and all of a sudden, it could be a day, wekk month, year, and that case is forever gone with out a trace. How can you explain that. I still wonder is a god exist, and it is a she, he, or someother type of creature. Also is sooo many believe in god, how come we have so many different religions and some of what are redicoulas, scientolgy( don't know how to spell it) is just in a way, retarded. Also when other people today say that they're some type of holy messenger, they are considered unstable, crazy, and insane. Which also makes me wonder on why many people dont think that about jeasus, Mahumadd, Joesoph Smith I believe is who started Morman, and so on. Same with god on how kind of a being he is and how at the same time he can be just as evil as the devil, if ther is one. Also why socity is based off these beliefs. I know that they create some arrangement or moral standareds and order. I am some what just doing this off the top of my head, but please reply back on what you think and give me your oppions and if u can give some book names (ha). but olease give me your serious oppion. I will be back on the site again and try and make seprate articles more clearer, just found the site.
Old 04-03-2006, 12:52 AM

Default Re: How Can you explain sience and god

[ QUOTE ]
I have thought for sometime and can never figure out on how to explain god, religion, and scientific proof. Scientist have uncovered many things on what is fact or belief. There are hundreds of different religions out there have some similitaries and major differances. Going off topic, From the differance is I believe on where hate and racism developes. But I have took classes and read books by scientist caculating, digging, searching, and discovering evolution, which I still think is still somewhat questionable, showing what were made out of by the tinyest littlest speck from cells to DNA. Therosing on how and why we hate, love, kill, and homosexualty and so on.
But besides from that, what really ashtonishes me is how we can have the worst case of anything, and all of a sudden, it could be a day, wekk month, year, and that case is forever gone with out a trace. How can you explain that. I still wonder is a god exist, and it is a she, he, or someother type of creature. Also is sooo many believe in god, how come we have so many different religions and some of what are redicoulas, scientolgy( don't know how to spell it) is just in a way, retarded. Also when other people today say that they're some type of holy messenger, they are considered unstable, crazy, and insane. Which also makes me wonder on why many people dont think that about jeasus, Mahumadd, Joesoph Smith I believe is who started Morman, and so on. Same with god on how kind of a being he is and how at the same time he can be just as evil as the devil, if ther is one. Also why socity is based off these beliefs. I know that they create some arrangement or moral standareds and order. I am some what just doing this off the top of my head, but please reply back on what you think and give me your oppions and if u can give some book names (ha). but olease give me your serious oppion. I will be back on the site again and try and make seprate articles more clearer, just found the site.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent post.
Old 04-03-2006, 01:03 AM

Welcome to the forum! Look forward to hearing more from you. I'd like to make you aware of one of the rules here:

** You must take off the boxing gloves before posting.
Old 04-03-2006, 01:16 AM

hahaha what the christ?

Voted 75.
Old 04-03-2006, 01:24 AM

were you hammered when you wrote this, sounds just like this rambling drunk girl i was talking to last year...
Old 04-03-2006, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
scientolgy( don't know how to spell it)

[/ QUOTE ]

Most ironic line evar?
Old 04-03-2006, 02:25 AM

I dont really understand what you are asking. If it is any help though, here's something I think... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

We can be very confident in what science says, but can only use it to answer a limited number of questions. We can answer any question religiously, but are less certain of our answers.

Both ways of thinking about the world are interesting, and for some people (me included), both are important. Fitting both perspectives on the world together is possible and not even very difficult but you have to get used to the idea that at any given time, on any given topic, you are probably wrong.
Old 04-03-2006, 06:04 AM

where is this irony you speak of?
Old 04-03-2006, 08:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so many different religions and some of what are redicoulas, scientolgy( don't know how to spell it) is just in a way, retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your certainly correct here. I never understood how people could believe a 'religion' relying entirely on one piece of literature that disputes proven facts about the history of the earth, discusses magical powers of an evil overlord, ... wait, which religion were you talking about?
Old 04-03-2006, 09:40 AM

It is my oppion that religion developes ashtonishingly redicoulas oppions relating to things like jeasus and mahamadd.