Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2006, 09:11 PM

Default AQs thoughts 50 NL

Party Poker (8 handed) converter

Okay, I don't remember the stats on Villian exactly, I think it was something like 24/6/3 ish. I'm pretty sure he's a semi-solid player, he just has alot weaker raising standards compared to me (from what I've seen). This is 50 NL on party. I have <font color="green"> $180 </font> at the table. Villian has <font color="green"> $65.59 </font>

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, Villian raises to <font color="red"> $1.50 </font> , folds to me and I call, everyone else folds including the blinds.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font> Pot is <font color="green"> $5.25 </font>
UTG bets <font color="red"> $.50 </font>, Villian calls, Hero raises to <font color="red"> $5 </font>, UTG folds, Villian calls.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font> The Pot is now <font color="green"> $15.75 </font>
Villian checks, Hero bets <font color="red"> $15.00 </font>, Villian moves all in for <font color="red"> $59.09</font>, Hero?

Is this an overpair/set or KQ/AQ (freeroll) or bluff?
Old 04-02-2006, 09:12 PM

Default Re: AQs thoughts 50 NL

Sir,

I call. Wtf is going on here?

regards,

ness
Old 04-02-2006, 09:18 PM

not bluff. probably an overpair or maybe a set. i think AQ is possible too, KQ is possible but much less likely. i dont call this
Old 04-02-2006, 09:25 PM

This is a tough one, his smooth call on the flop of UTG's bet, then the call of your raise is indicating a lot of strength.

It seems like a set, but why would he raise 1.50 PF with 88 ? Its possible he had AQ/KQ ...anyways after your bet on the turn and picking up the flush outs I think you can call this.

It looks like your behind though.
Old 04-02-2006, 09:26 PM

Was he trying to get some value with AA ?
Old 04-02-2006, 09:44 PM

The small raise preflop, call/call on a dry flop, then check-raise on the turn shows a lot of strength. Many people play sets this way. You don't quite have the odds to call against KK, and you are in even worse shape against AA or QQ. Unless you have been irritating the Villain a lot, you won't often see much worse. I think you should fold, though calling may only cost about $5 on average.

By the way, I think you might have wanted to make a smaller bet on the turn. You picked up the nut flush draw, but you are getting almost no value from it. You don't need to bet so much to protect your hand, and betting a lot may decrease the amount you get paid by weaker hands. Think about extracting from JJ or TT.