Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2006, 04:08 PM

Default Re: Poker-Spy 2.00 - Raising the bar in player profiling

Clarification on the following statement:

[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately, to make proper use of this you need to export your hand history logs from PT, which is a hassle.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no need to export anything from Poker Tracker.

Hands are read directly in real time from the poker room’s hand history folder. Further, should you choose to use the Poker Tracker setting to move your hand history files to a backup folder; you can configure Poker-Spy with the location of the Poker Tracker backup folder.

Thank you,

Poker-Spy Support
Improve Your Game
Old 04-01-2006, 07:19 PM

Yes, PSS, however I already have tons of hand histories in my PT DB. I was referring to use of those.

You guys should support PT db lookups. Then there'd be more of a market for this.

Actually offer a stripped down version that shows just the known hole cards (along with the preflop actions) that looks up in PT at a decent price (I'd pay $20) and I'm sure you'd sell a ton.

Or we can wait for juk to get inspired again [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-02-2006, 12:04 AM

i echo what bhudson said.

i would be very interested in a stripped down version for us pokertracker/pahud users (in the 15-20 dollar range). specifically, the only thing of real interest is the Alerts Review Window, which as previously stated would be much better titled the "Automatic Player Notes Function".

Basically, if i am interpreting this function correctly, i think this would interest dataminers as it appears to add another dimension to mined data. Althoug this assumes BOTH that pt databases can be used by the application AND that this "alerts review window" can be accessed during play.

otherwise, i doubt you get a high percentage of buyers from the pokertracker--pahud set, which is an enormous group to overlook.

cheers,
sean

ps....who knows perhaps this "automatic player notes" feature is the kind of pt add-on someone might take on as an open-source project....crazier things have happened on this forum.
Old 04-02-2006, 09:02 AM

Interestingly, we are currently working on a version with full Poker Tracker integration.

We will be sure to let you know once it becomes available.

Thank you,

Poker-Spy Support
Improve Your Game
Old 04-02-2006, 03:54 PM

how do you mulit table with them massive boxes ???
Old 04-03-2006, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Or we can wait for juk to get inspired again [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Hehe, I just saw this! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I agree something like this would be pretty nice. I like the idea of the temporal bars it's showing, but as it is it's pretty hopeless to me bc of the extra screen space it takes up.

It seems this would most benefit multitablers, but I can't see many multitablers using it bc of the interface size. Maybe a cut-down version which takes up much less space or is a pop-up is the way to go?

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-03-2006, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how do you mulit table with them massive boxes ???

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-03-2006, 04:56 PM

Unless you are running on a small screen (like 1024x768), multi-tabling is usually not an issue. The windows you need the most while playing are linked to your poker table. When your poker table receives focus, the relevant information is brought up to the front automatically. The focus remains on your poker table as you would expect.

From a multi-tabler perspective, the Game Tracker is very useful since it displays a summary of the recently played hands and shows known opponent cards. This minimizes the need to divide your attention between multiple tables. Once a hand is over, if you see something that catches your eye in the Game Tracker, you can review the hand by clicking on the hand number in the column header. The Alerts Summary window also uses minimal space. Only the reports consume a lot of space, but then again, if you bring up a player report, you are beyond cursory analysis and need more information anyway.

Thank you,

Poker-Spy Support
Improve Your Game
Old 04-03-2006, 05:02 PM

Just curious, did you guys get permission from 2+2 for your odds calculator's use of "Sklansky Pocket Rank" and "Sklansky Pocket Group"?
Old 04-03-2006, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I agree something like this would be pretty nice. I like the idea of the temporal bars it's showing, but as it is it's pretty hopeless to me bc of the extra screen space it takes up.

It seems this would most benefit multitablers, but I can't see many multitablers using it bc of the interface size. Maybe a cut-down version which takes up much less space or is a pop-up is the way to go?

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

how about something that just monitors your tables and makes note(in your party notes) of abnormal plays?