Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2006, 03:45 PM

Default AK in LP - K high flop

How do you proceed in this hand?

$5/$10 party full table

Villain #1 raises in MP (loose aggressive preflop - big raising range, but seems to settle down post-flop)
Villain #2 calls (from the time I've sat with him, haven't noticed him going out of line, mostly showing down solid hands)
Hero in LP 3-bets with AK of spades
Villain #1 and #2 calls

Flop K 9 3 (2 spades)
Check to me and I bet with TPTK and nut flush draw
Villain #1 calls, villain #2 CR

Should hero 3 bet to get rid of villain #1 or should hero smooth call to bring villain #1 along due to the big draw hero has (and also if a spade hit, then I get squeeze an extra BB). Also, if I 3-bet, I will either get a free-card, or my guess is villain #2 is probably on a set, so he will cap which means it'll cost me another BB to see if a spade hits on the turn.
Old 04-01-2006, 03:48 PM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?
Default Re: AK in LP - K high flop

why do you want a free card? My default here is to bet and raise at every oppurtunity your hand is HUGE. I'd be fine with raisng the turn and hoping villian 1 has a flush draw and will call two cold. Your best chance to get more money out of villian 1 is to 3bet here though I think.
Old 04-01-2006, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why do you want a free card? My default here is to bet and raise at every oppurtunity your hand is HUGE. I'd be fine with raisng the turn and hoping villian 1 has a flush draw and will call two cold. Your best chance to get more money out of villian 1 is to 3bet here though I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure I was behind villain #2 in this hand. From his hands that he has shown or has went to a showdown (sample size of around 150 hands), I can guess with a reasonable accuracy that he will not be cold calling with KQ preflop, and he would not CR 2 players with just TP (given his range, I can only put him on a set). Which means I will need to improve to a flush to win the hand.
Old 04-01-2006, 04:38 PM

I had a similar situations happen to me the other day in a live 8/16. UTG (tight passive) and UTG+1 (terrible) limp, I raise on the button. I flop top pair, decent kicker, and flush draw. I get check raised by UTG and UTG+1 calls two cold. I was really confused by UTG raise because he hadn't done really done anything like that during the session, and it caused me to slow down. However, looking back, I agree with Goofball that it is best to reraise with such a good hand and good draw. UTG ended up showing down middle pair. During the hand it felt right to slow down, but it turned out that I missed a few bets.