Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit

Old 07-21-2007, 01:18 PM

Default Re: QQ fold river?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bet/3-bet flop.

River, i might fold cuz of the overcall.

[/ QUOTE ]

What I thought I was doing was waiting for someone in later position to bet and I would then raise to supposedly make it unprofitable for the flush (and other) draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

c/r the flop is no good. in most situations where you are the aggressor preflop and you have a hand just bet the flop. you dont know where the bet is coming from, if at all. Additionally if you think you can fold out anyone with a half decent draw then you are mistaken. You really cant protect you hand here...its a big pot.

VALUE BET >>>>>>>> PROTECTION in the micros.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that when the pot is big one was supposed to protect there hand. Anyway I'm sure I have a lot of things mixed up though. I just read SSHE for the first time and am on the second time right now. On p. 63 "When the pot is extremely large", is what I thought I was following. That example has the pot being 24 small bets on the flop though and my hand was 10 or so.
Old 07-21-2007, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I thought that when the pot is big one was supposed to protect there hand. Anyway I'm sure I have a lot of things mixed up though. I just read SSHE for the first time and am on the second time right now. On p. 63 "When the pot is extremely large", is what I thought I was following. That example has the pot being 24 small bets on the flop though and my hand was 10 or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that this is a decent idea. problems are, you were the preflop raiser, so all of your villains are expecting you to bet, and when you dont, thye sometimes get nervous, and check. But the idea, when you are OOP to use a ck/raise to make people pay 2 bets is a good one.

I am sure you can see why a check through on that flop would be pretty bad, since there are strt and flush draws present. Which makes for a lot of cards you dont want to see, including overcards and diamonds.

If you knew for 100% certainty that one of the late players would bet into a PFR showing weakness, then the play is much more defensible. Since you are guaranteeing multiple bets from multiple players.

So the better you know your opponents, the more defensible your line is.
Old 07-21-2007, 07:38 PM

Location: Hastings 3L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First, nice avatar, great album.

Second, just bet this flop. You don't want to get tricky with overpairs almost ever(only time is if you know you can check raise a guy). Here you have no idea if someone will bet for you. You do not want to have this flop checked through, it would be a disaster. Just bet.
Old 07-21-2007, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that this is a decent idea. problems are, you were the preflop raiser, so all of your villains are expecting you to bet, and when you dont, thye sometimes get nervous, and check.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shorthanded or on dryer boards this is the case but you should be checking this flop a lot. This is a horrible spot for a cbet with whiffed overs.
Old 07-22-2007, 01:16 PM

Thanks for all the replies. My first thought was to bet the flop also and I see where everyone is coming from. In retrospect it does seem like the most simple and obvious move. In SSH it talks about playing overpairs and three criteria that make it better (sometimes) to forgo a flop raise.
1. Raising has little chance to induce fold
2. Hand is vulnurable
3. Favorable card on turn would give an even more favorable edg.

If this hand was small stakes and not micro, would it have been correct to just call the flop raise, raise myself, or do what I did (c/r)? Or would it be correct to go by these criteria at all in this situation? Maybe I don't fully understand what they are saying, and I'm trying to make a move that is above my head, or totally uncalled for at this stake.
Old 07-22-2007, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In SSH it talks about playing overpairs and three criteria that make it better (sometimes) to forgo a flop raise.

[/ QUOTE ]
A "raise" is different than a "bet," DUCY?
Old 07-22-2007, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a spot that if you were the ONLY caller then you would have to call it. Because someone is doing the dirty work for you i don't mind a fold here.

[/ QUOTE ]

CO holds Tx, no? I don't think overcalling concepts apply here. I prefer a b/f approach, but I'm calling as played.