Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 02:35 AM

Default Re: Is not believing in gay rights biggoted?

[ QUOTE ]
So if I disagree with you I'm a bigot...that's open minded.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, disagreeing with me doesn't make you a bigot. believing that gays shouldn't be allowed to get married makes you a bigot.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:40 AM

So what do you say to the little girl who wants to ask her mom about her first muenstral cycle...oh wait she has two dads. I'm not anti gay I'm pro children. BTW i'm not really against gay marriage, it's the adoption I have a problem with.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you support gay marriages then do you also support polygamy? I don't see how you can support one but not the other.

[/ QUOTE ]

One is giving a segment of society the same rights as everyone else. The other is illegal for all members of society.

[/ QUOTE ]

The claim is clearly that the "segment of society" that is homosexual should be equal to the "segment of society" that practices polygamy. Both are frowned upon by many who are not in said "segment of society", and therefore, logically following, if the homosexual segment is to receive the same treatment as the hetero segment, what makes the polygamist segment bad? M+F = M+M = F+F = M+F+F.....

Not saying I agree with that statement, I'm just trying to logically follow. (I agree with gay marriage. I disagree with the way OP seems to have handled his conversation with his mother.)
Old 04-16-2007, 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lol at Wichita, you posted this just to have what you thought spat back at you. And I don't give two [censored] who wants to marry who.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well i was just really frustrated by it obviously. Of course i wanted validation, but i also wanted to get other peoples opinions also.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
(I agree with gay marriage. I disagree with the way OP seems to have handled his conversation with his mother.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus, I've never been able to handle a conversation with my mother.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So what do you say to the little girl who wants to ask her mom about her first muenstral cycle...oh wait she has two dads. I'm not anti gay I'm pro children. BTW i'm not really against gay marriage, it's the adoption I have a problem with.

[/ QUOTE ] you must logically oppose single mothers and fathers, then, correct?
Old 04-16-2007, 02:45 AM

I would support a civil union but not gay marriage.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] you must logically oppose single mothers and fathers, then, correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

yep
Old 04-16-2007, 02:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So if I disagree with you I'm a bigot...that's open minded.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's not what I said at all. Bigotry is an unreasonable, unwavering belief in the superiority of one's opinions or beliefs over another's.

There's no foundation for the family values argument. Furthermore, there are plenty of straight couples that don't live up to the expectations of people like OP's mother. What about them? Should they not be allowed to have children? Do they need to go to counseling?

Disagreeing with me doesn't make someone a bigot. It just makes them different from me. Believing that they're better than someone else, for no reason at all, does make them a bigot.

I try to look for the ultimate emotion behind a person's arguments and opinions. So far, every argument I've heard against gay rights is based on fear. I'd be really interested to hear one based on compassion.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you support gay marriages then do you also support polygamy? I don't see how you can support one but not the other.

[/ QUOTE ]

One is giving a segment of society the same rights as everyone else. The other is illegal for all members of society.

[/ QUOTE ]

The claim is clearly that the "segment of society" that is homosexual should be equal to the "segment of society" that practices polygamy.

[/ QUOTE ]
What segment of American society legally practices polygamy?
Closed Thread