Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy

Old 09-16-2005, 04:11 AM

Default Re: OT - Fat Ass Weight Loss Challenge

I'm a fat [censored] too. 330lbs and I'd like to lose about a hundred pounds. I got here through overeating and lack of exercise or any real willpower. In fact, about the only area of my life where I can exercise any discipline at all is in poker. Name your stakes, conditions, etc, and I'm in too.
Old 09-16-2005, 04:31 AM

Hmm.. I'm one of those underweight guys. It seems I never gain weight, even if I eat a lot, although I have never tried eating a lot for long periods of time..

From when I was a baby, we have always eaten 'healthy' in our family. I didn't think it was at the time, but we just always ate bread twice a day, and in the evening vegetables and potatoes, rice or something else. There were times when I used to eat a bit of chocolate or something in between the meals(not much though), but now I eat fruit instead. To me that seems normal, but I know a lot of people will almost never eat vegetables and fruit, and eat chicken/hamburgers/whatever in stead of real food. Then when they get hungry again they'll just use some M&M's to get rid of it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Seriously, if I have 'junk food' three days in a row, I can already notice that I don't feel as good as I normally do. Some people ALWAYS eat like that. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Also, way too many people NEVER practise any sport. They can't even run properly. I think this is shocking... Many people just don't give a [censored] about their body.

If you really want to lose weight, you should just run (or walk, running long distances might be hard at first) for at least 30 minutes every day, and work out, and eat healthy. I think if you do that, and don't eat any 'bad food' you'll lose your weight over time. What it comes down to is: do you have the will power to do this? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

By the way, I think the majority of posters probably thinks I'm gay now, because I eat healthy and stuff... Ah well...
Old 09-16-2005, 09:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How tall are you, OP?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry for the delay. Went to sleep and came back and saw all the posts I'm 6 foot 1 and I'm 24 years old
Old 09-16-2005, 09:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I will be your slave if you can shed 68 pounds in 3 months. It's impossible.

You're a fatass for letting yourself gain 68 pounds in 9 months. Do you eat lard?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I was in the hospital for 13 days over a month time with kidney related problems. When I got back home I wasn't myself for close to a month and I didn't go back to weight lifting like I should have so there is a good chance a lot a lean muscle was eaten up when I was sick that wasn't put back on.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:12 AM

to EnderFFX and jeffraider,

Lets figure something out over the nxt few days and we will go from there. I like that I have a couple of challengers. I really don't know how much you want to play for its still cool. I will PM you guys later today.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:56 AM

I could stand to lose 30 lbs., so I'd take you on some sort of bet. I don't think it's safe for you to lose 60 in 3 months, so I'm only going to bet you for 30 lbs. If we both lose 30 lbs, then we go buy ourselves something nice. If only one of us does, then we pay the other $X. If neither of us does, then we both pay $X to the moderators of this forum.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:38 AM

Default Challenger #1

The first person to reach terms with me on the challenge. Is the_joker

Terms: $200 for winner, $0 if both meet goal, $400 for moderators if neither make the goal

Start Date: Monday September 19th,2005
End Date : December 31st,2005 Last Weigh In
Weight Goal : 30lbs

Starting weights as of today: SethMoney80 - 288lbs
the_joker - 213lbs

Blog - There will be a blog posted on Monday with pictures of both competitors. Followed by weekly updates.

Looking for as much competition as possible and am glad that I have some takers, always willing to have more.

More to come, once other agreements are reached. On a sidebar if your in shape and just want to bet against me like Yugo stated I am all for that, PM me.

Good luck.

Seth
Old 09-16-2005, 12:45 PM

You should try South Beach. I lost 14lb in 2 weeks and 4lbs the week after that. and I didn't exercise.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:34 PM

Default Re: Challenger #1

[ QUOTE ]

Terms: $200 for winner, $0 if both meet goal, $400 for moderators if neither make the goal

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet!
Old 09-16-2005, 01:38 PM

Default Re: Challenger #1

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet!

[/ QUOTE ]

free ev?

hotness.

can i get in on this for "i want to lose 7lbs?"

citanul