Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 01-07-2007, 07:43 AM

Default Re: .05/.10 NLHE (6 max) Advise needed

I raise this to about 1.75 pf. Then I lead the flop on this board and usually shutdown if called (villain and turn card might change that)

As played you line is fine by me. You are not looking to play for a big pot and villain was the pf aggressor so let him have the action and decide how much you are willing to pay to see sd.
Old 01-07-2007, 08:55 AM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
thanks alot for the replies.

First lesson... keep my stack full, something that hadn't struck me as important but after playing a bit more i can really see the importance of it. Especially when you sit at a table for awhile and see the endless parade of people coming in with like $3 and hoping for a quick dbl up. I can see how this could be easily taken advantage of by other players at the table.

Also, probably should not of played K9s to begin with but calling the small bet on the flop was terrible i see now. I agree raise or fold here (more likely fold) due to all the draws on the board. I got caught up thinking "i can draw to my str cheap" without thinking of the myriad of hands that still had outs against me even if i hit.

was gonna post another hand but the FTR converter seems to be screwing up or im doing something wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

As said earlier, buy in full and rebuy if you drop down. I also prefer raising 4bb +1bb per limper at this level. after the Tc hit I would have gone into check calling.

I think raising K9s from Co in 6-max is ok. I vary it sometimes I raise and sometimes I fold PF.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:15 AM

for the second hand, I don't like a raise so I think a call is fine. if you raise you'll be playing a big pot out of position if he calls, also, if he reraises you you can't call with 99.

his half pot bet, coupled with the fact he raised from late position (button abuse maybe) indicates weakness. I'd raise this flop to about $2 - 2.50 and fold to a reraise. I think this will let you take down the pot.

remember, your hand is relatively weak on this board, taking down a small pot with 99 here is a good result.
Old 01-07-2007, 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Especially when you sit at a table for awhile and see the endless parade of people coming in with like $3 and hoping for a quick dbl up. I can see how this could be easily taken advantage of by other players at the table.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd say that the opposite is true. A properly applied short-stack strategy is an obstacle to "real poker". NLHTAP has a section which explains why.
Old 01-07-2007, 10:26 AM

be very wary of drawing on high paired boards like QQJ, AAJ, KKT, etc. You'll be drawing dead more often on these boards than 225 boards etc.

Playing a gutshot on such a board is a horrible idea. And I personally don't like K9s very much.

The second hand is more complicated. You snapped off the TAGS continuation bet here, but how to play a hand like 99 on that board against a TAG is fairly villian specific I think....
Old 01-07-2007, 10:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
his half pot bet, coupled with the fact he raised from late position (button abuse maybe) indicates weakness. I'd raise this flop to about $2 - 2.50 and fold to a reraise. I think this will let you take down the pot.

remember, your hand is relatively weak on this board, taking down a small pot with 99 here is a good result.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is essential "raising for information". You could check/raise any hand here, like TJcc and there wouldn't be any real difference. This sort of play should be based on timing/reads etc.