Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker

Old 07-27-2007, 02:11 PM

Default Re: Abuse of IWTSTC?

The rule is in place to prevent collusion, not gain information. So I would say it is clear the rule is being abused here. And abusing any rule is indeed poor form. Unfortunately, the dealer must abide by it. If there is a floorperson, you could perhaps get the rule to be allowed less frequently.

In most home games I play, either that rule is not used or all players at showdown must show their cards.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The rule is in place to prevent collusion, not gain information. So I would say it is clear the rule is being abused here. And abusing any rule is indeed poor form. Unfortunately, the dealer must abide by it. If there is a floorperson, you could perhaps get the rule to be allowed less frequently.

In most home games I play, either that rule is not used or all players at showdown must show their cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't believe it when the 50 Y/O told me that he was allowed to see the other players cards so he could "see what he's drawing with." For the second time in about 5 weeks, I told him he was wrong about the purpose of the rule.

The first time was the same protective player versus another new player. PP puts in big bet on the river and is called. PP was bluffing missed draw, folds and says "nice hand." The new player scoops the pot, and the 50 year old, who was never in the hand, asks to see the PP's cards. I told him then that he needed to brush up on his poker etiquette.
Old 07-27-2007, 05:54 PM

Sounds to me like this 50 y/o new player is the kind of player you are better off not having at your game. He did it once, you told him its not appreciated. He then did it again. Solution here seems pretty straight forward. Just tell the 50 y/o douche that he needs to find somewhere else to play poker.