Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-03-2007, 06:13 PM

Default Re: tilt problems

Changes that I have had to make b/c of a very serious tilt problem of my own is when, where and what games I play now.
When- never in the morning and I try and quit after a few hours play
Where- I try to play in the other bedroom where it is quiet and my wife can't bother me and where there is no tv at
Games- no more NL Triple Draw and on micro PLO and NLO8. but most importantly is that I have switched almost completely to limit H/L games b/c I can be involved in so many more hands since I'm an action jucky and want to see the vast % of hands that are dealt to me. Plus there are so many really really bad players at H/L games that I can easily rebuild my roll....only to loose it back in the NL & PL games after tilt. Its a very long process that I am still figuring out but I don't steam nearly as bad as I used to with these changes...

I really have considered trying yoga and my wife has some dvds around the house, think that is my next step. Also there are some books about poker and the art of war that have a few good pointers in them