Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Beginners Questions (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   tilt problems (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=514219)

CianCrillz 10-02-2007 08:02 PM

tilt problems

I am having major tilt problems, I had played well and built a bankroll, only to tilt off 50% of it a few days ago. I played some solid poker the past few days, got it back up to where it was and a few bad beats and off I go again, and I tilted off 75% of what i had. Feeling pretty down now, don't know if there is any answer but others experiences or advice would be most helpful.

JJT 10-02-2007 08:18 PM

Re: tilt problems

Take a break. Let your BR rest for a few days.

LiveInPeace 10-02-2007 08:31 PM

"What's measured gets managed"
Trying scoring yourself 1-5 after every hand on how you feel at that point:
5 - great, playing very well
4 - good, playing well
3 - soso, could be better or unsure of how well I'm playing
2 - not good, making minor mistakes
1 - bad, definitely irritated with my play or major mistakes
This is a means to measure your emotional state and through that process, to manage it. For example you might decide to immediately take a 10 minute break if you ever score yourself 1 on a hand. Don't sit down again until you feel that you can start over fresh and solid.

NoRakeBackHere 10-02-2007 09:14 PM

Id have to say that this is one of the posts where I see the most sarcastic responses, when really it is one of the best posts, to help somebodys game.

I have had a major tilt problem in the beginning of my play. A couple months ago I decided enough is enough. I set rules for my self and I am sticking to them. I mainly play HU poker, and I have some strict goals I set for my self.

1.) If I am playing a guy, I never let the rake take over, where If i bust the guy I break even, I make sure he has enough so I am profiting.
2.) If I ever lose 50BB to one player I take a 30 min break or so.
3.) If somebody hits a massive suckout, and I am more pissed then ever I will try my hardest not to tilt my money off.
4.) If I take 1 person busto for 100BB I will take a break, and I will comeback so I am not act cocky and bluff away my money.

There are a few rules, but easy to follow. As I said I play HU alot, and there are many HUGE swings. You just have to set goals and stick to them.

CianCrillz 10-02-2007 09:27 PM

Number 4 there is pretty big for me, my big tilting sessions usually begin as winning sessions, then when i feel as if I'm deep stacked I end up making loser calls. Honestly I expected some sarcastic replies, nice to see helpful ones. Appreciate it.

Nightlight87 10-02-2007 09:31 PM

I don't think there's any miracle fix for tilting, it happens to everyone. It just takes discipline to keep focused on making the correct play and not worrying about the results. If i ever find myself getting angry at suckouts, or playing looser after a big win. Then I take a break and come back when I know I can focus on making the right decisions.

JJT 10-03-2007 05:15 PM

I'm certainly on a break right now. Played in one game, OOP player with 78o sucked out a str8 on my raised AQ. Played a 2nd game, had A9, a 9 the highest card on the board. Person before me limps in PF, bets 175 post-flop, I call, turn is X, he goes all-in, I think, putting him on face cards against a low board, then call. He turns JJ. A 3rd game I have AK, the board is A-J-7-J-7. Person goes all in. She has a 72o for a FH.
I think I'll stay away for a while.

formula72 10-03-2007 05:36 PM

YOGA,

this isn't a joke, I have played many years and I devote my success to yoga. Poker itslef can make people tense winning or loosing, you need to stay level headed to have a chance.

formula72 10-03-2007 05:39 PM

One more thing, your tilting for due to mental problems, dont take it the wrong way. Unless you really change something it is unlikely that you will change

formula72 10-03-2007 05:40 PM

"IS DUE"