Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-20-2007, 09:41 AM

Default NL10 fold JJ preflop to 3-bet here?

Can I fold my JJ here?
Any advice is really welcome.

Ok, on the one hand side, folding JJ preflop doesnīt "feel" correct at NL10, given the strange plays you see there (saw someone shove with A7o couple of hands before this - different table - just happens so often), but then again, should the villain be a reasonable player, he either has an overpair or at least two overcards, so whatīs the point in playing the hand, given the size of his reraise?

<u>Reads and History</u>:
I play the villain for the first time. Iīm at the table for 25 hands. This is the 3rd hand I play. Hand #1 he saw me open-raise for 6BB and I didnīt get any callers. Hand #2 he saw me raise a limper up to 6BB, get one caller, make a c-bet and fold to a shove. Just by incident, these hands are pretty close together, like all in one orbit and a half or so.
Villian has not done anything out of the ordinary, he might be a bit loose with preflop limping.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 9 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $8.40
BB: $10.00
UTG: $9.65
Hero (UTG+1): $10.00
MP1: $7.70
MP2: $1.40
MP3: $7.20
CO: $12.60
BTN: $3.15

Preflop: Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (9 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.60</font>, 3 folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $2.00</font>, 3 folds, Hero calls $1.40

<font color="blue"> I donīt think heīs laying down QQ before the flop, so I see no point in shoving.

The plan is to see the flop, and commit if I make an overpair. But maybe even that is too loose?

By the way, does anyone like a big bet on some Ace-flop, trying to make him lay down QQ, KK then? Can that be profitable in the long run?</font>

Flop: ($4.15) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $2.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $8.00</font>, CO calls $6.00