Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-31-2007, 02:38 PM

Default Re: LETS GET SOME DISCUSSION... JJ and my pre and post flop play

ok ill try to give a few of my thoughts now that i am recomposed.

i put the sbs preflop range at sumtin like 99+ AJs+ and AQo+ and then maybe like 4 or 5 random hands like suited connectors or midd pps. so against that rainge im like 55% against him but with the reasonable utg player in the hand i obv cant look to bloat the pot n e more then it already is.

now on the flop it is about as good as i can expect obv. and since villian is aggro i expect him to bet aa flop like this with prolly 90% of his range. prolly the top 1 or 2 hands dont and tha bottom one or two wont always either. the thing that makes this hand tough is my raise size. if i woulda made it like 19ish it would give me slightly better pot odds when sb shoves. the problem with this idea is if utg shoves i am toast and will have to fold thus losing more money.

the more i think about the hand tho i think it is closer to a fold then a call given how it has been played out. even tho i made a smaller raise on the flop then normal i think at the time and still maybe even now overestimate the ability of people to bluff off a 100bb stack in a reraised pot. and in this case even if he is bluffing, more then half the time he has 6 outs or more against me. so this effectively kills more equity. sigh. so in retrospect i think this hand is a fold.

ill post results in a few hours after people have some time to read thru this and discuss it if n e discusion is needed.

to address corsahk... u r wrong in this situation. while villian has been a maniac if u read the post u would know that he hadnt been getting out of line with 3 betting a ton thus his range is far from atc. and getting a bet 3 bet shove also defines his range much more as well. there is no way this is a simple shove and good luck. if u r thinking that then u r misapplying reads and hud numbers.

every situation has some range and VERY RARELY is villians range atc. that is just rediculous.