Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-30-2007, 01:52 PM

Default What to do with Dealers that don\'t enforce rules?

I apologize as I'm pretty sure this has been a topic before. But what do you do when Dealers don't reprimand players for mucking out of turn, or mucking their cards face up when the hand is still live?

I generally NEVER like to complain if I'm not involved in a hand, and will usually not say a word. However, at Commerce this past weekend, was dealing with a couple of guys that would constantly muck their hands face up, even with action still live. They were obviously friends, and a few of those times, one would muck face up when the other was still in the hand. They obviously were good enough players that they knew what they were doing wasn't ethical. I didn't want to wait for a situation where I WAS in the hand and this happened, so I said something to the effect of "when you muck your hand, how about you muck it when it's your turn to act, and muck it face down like everyone else at the table?". One guy shot back at me that "hey everyone can see it, so what's the difference", and the Dealer did not get involved whatsoever. I didn't want to be a pain and call for Floor, but would that have been the correct course of action? Or should I have just requested a table change?