Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-04-2007, 11:23 AM

Default Party account hacked !

Last Friday, when I tried to log on to my Party account, I got the message, that, my log in information is incorrect. After numerous attempts, I contacted support, and was informed that the email address that I have registered with Party does not match what they have on their file. Upon further investigation, it turns out that someone ( they traced it to someone using the ID "Xtreme666"), had hacked into my account, changed my email address, and transfered over $4, 000 from my account. The fact, that, I had called them within half hour of all this happening, enabled Party to freeze this guys account. At the moment, I am in the process of proving my identity ( the requested me to email them copies of my drivers licence), and they have promised me that the funds will be returned to my account.
The lesson to be learned from this, is DONT KEEP LARGE AMOUNTS OF MONEY IN YOUR ACCOUNTS. Anyone, even with a rudimentary knowledge of hacking, can break into your account (despite all the precautions, e.g. firewalls, secured wireless networks, etc. ) and steal your money.