Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Party account hacked ! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=419466)

newstop 06-04-2007 11:23 AM

Party account hacked !

Last Friday, when I tried to log on to my Party account, I got the message, that, my log in information is incorrect. After numerous attempts, I contacted support, and was informed that the email address that I have registered with Party does not match what they have on their file. Upon further investigation, it turns out that someone ( they traced it to someone using the ID "Xtreme666"), had hacked into my account, changed my email address, and transfered over $4, 000 from my account. The fact, that, I had called them within half hour of all this happening, enabled Party to freeze this guys account. At the moment, I am in the process of proving my identity ( the requested me to email them copies of my drivers licence), and they have promised me that the funds will be returned to my account.
The lesson to be learned from this, is DONT KEEP LARGE AMOUNTS OF MONEY IN YOUR ACCOUNTS. Anyone, even with a rudimentary knowledge of hacking, can break into your account (despite all the precautions, e.g. firewalls, secured wireless networks, etc. ) and steal your money.

Humble Pie 06-04-2007 03:07 PM

Re: Party account hacked !

Maybe you should post this in the German or French forums, clearly your not in the U.S.

Scary_Tiger 06-04-2007 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone, even with a rudimentary knowledge of hacking, can break into your account (despite all the precautions, e.g. firewalls, secured wireless networks, etc. ) and steal your money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Incorrect.

Hallett 06-04-2007 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe you should post this in the German or French forums, clearly your not in the U.S.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too bad there are no Australian, New Zealand, Canadian, Irish or British Forums..... How will these players be able to post and get responses in their own language!

Just because someone is not American does not mean they don't know English, which is clearly what you are implying.

slick20 06-04-2007 03:27 PM

maybe he just guessed your pass lol

newstop 06-04-2007 03:49 PM

I have worked in internet security for a major Canadian bank for the last 12 yrs, and believe me, any kid armed with information obtained from the internet, can hack into most home networks. That being said, the main purpose of my post was to warn people about the perils of having a very large amount of money in their poker accounts.

Bobo Fett 06-04-2007 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Why exactly would a Canadian want to make an English language post in the German or French forums?

MicroBob 06-04-2007 04:16 PM

Meta-game? He's trying to mix things up.