Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-03-2007, 08:57 AM

Default Is it just me or is online poker getting difficult?

Ive been playing poker for about 2 years now, alternating between 2/4 and 5/10 for the most part, on various sites. I figure I've done ok out of it, and have appreciated the income etc. My lifetime ptbb/100 (after i bought pokertracker that is, im sure i was bad before that) is 6. Obviously I wish I was able to win at high stakes, but I conceed i'm not good enough. That said, looking at the money I have put aside at my age im quietly happy, but lately it just seems that im winning at less than this rate, which scares me.

But it just seems that lately the games are very tough rather than anything I am doing wrong. I tried party again the other day and sat down at couple of 1/2 tables to see how fishy the fish were etc.

Well, they werent. It seems that your average low limit game now has 3 players with 23/19 type stats, one 11/8 rock, and maybe a 30/10/1 player who everyone likes to isolate against and hope that one day he flops top pair to your overpair cos thats the only way you win a big pot off him.

It seems that at least half the players at the table use huds, which means you have to watch your own stats and consider image and so on. This was unheard of two years ago.

Its quite depressing actually.