Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Is it just me or is online poker getting difficult? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=345734)

Rotating Rabbit 03-03-2007 08:57 AM

Is it just me or is online poker getting difficult?

Ive been playing poker for about 2 years now, alternating between 2/4 and 5/10 for the most part, on various sites. I figure I've done ok out of it, and have appreciated the income etc. My lifetime ptbb/100 (after i bought pokertracker that is, im sure i was bad before that) is 6. Obviously I wish I was able to win at high stakes, but I conceed i'm not good enough. That said, looking at the money I have put aside at my age im quietly happy, but lately it just seems that im winning at less than this rate, which scares me.

But it just seems that lately the games are very tough rather than anything I am doing wrong. I tried party again the other day and sat down at couple of 1/2 tables to see how fishy the fish were etc.

Well, they werent. It seems that your average low limit game now has 3 players with 23/19 type stats, one 11/8 rock, and maybe a 30/10/1 player who everyone likes to isolate against and hope that one day he flops top pair to your overpair cos thats the only way you win a big pot off him.

It seems that at least half the players at the table use huds, which means you have to watch your own stats and consider image and so on. This was unheard of two years ago.

Its quite depressing actually.

Heichamato 03-03-2007 09:49 AM

Re: Is it just me or is online poker getting difficult?

primas NL20 is the aba generation

BlueArchon 03-03-2007 10:05 AM

It's not just you man. 4-betting preflop lightly is the new light 3-bet preflop. Turn checkraises are used by villains with air to telegraph strength. All of this at 25 NL 6-Max no less!! Depressing for sure

Josem 03-03-2007 10:10 AM

you obviously don't read this forum.

1968 03-03-2007 10:12 AM

check minraise more.

Lori 03-03-2007 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's not just you man. 4-betting preflop lightly is the new light 3-bet preflop. Turn checkraises are used by villains with air to telegraph strength. All of this at 25 NL 6-Max no less!! Depressing for sure

[/ QUOTE ]

25NL players always have and always will 4-bet preflop light.

DUCY?????

<font color="white"> Lori</font>

sputum 03-03-2007 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

25NL players always have and always will 4-bet preflop light.

DUCY?????

<font color="white"> Lori</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

That's half an answer for him.
But
[ QUOTE ]
Turn checkraises are used by villains with air to telegraph strength

[/ QUOTE ]
how to survive against such an onslaught? Unpossible [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]