Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-14-2006, 05:46 PM

Default Re: Pass the crack pipe

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it does not look like you have a J. I am tight and I am not folding an A here. Actually, I am not betting this river either.

[/ QUOTE ]

there is a disconnect between the turn check and the river bet unless he is trying to get you to call with K high. however this disconnect leads me to believe he sucks which leads me to believe he isnt folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I suppose this is a double-edged sword. A good player would have to know I'm FOS because why wouldn't I bet a better hand on the river when I know that i'm getting called by A high here always. And I can narrow his hand range down to mostly those hands because he should be betting pretty much everything else on the turn. However, if he's bad enough at hand reading (and tight enough), then perhaps he'll fold here.

Of course, a good player shouldn't be betting A high into me there in the first place. To me, the turn check followed by a river bet on an innocuous card is begging me to c/r and I oblige probably too often.

Edit - I'd also love analysis on the flop and turn. I feel lost on these type hands more than any other.