Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-11-2006, 04:40 PM

Default Re: Older posters - are you content with how your life turned out so f

I turned 47 today.

University, teaching degree, married for 10 years (no kids), divorce, much younger girlfriend for a few years (great sex and coke from time to time), Korea for a year, discovered poker 3 years ago, now work from home and play poker.

Two summers ago (I'm obviously a slow learner) I came to the conclusion that our existance on this planet is basically meaningless.

Now I look at people on the street and just mostly think that they are brainwashed into making money, having nice cars and houses, believing in god, and generally feeling that they are on earth for some "reason" Why can't people accept the fact that each of us is just the winner of some random lottery?

So what does my future hold? I'm in the process of losing 40 pounds and getting some money together. At that point it's sex, drugs, alcohol as long as my money and health hold out. That might only be 3 months. LOL

The whole "god" thing is starting to annoy me more and more each day. How ca a sane human being in 2006 not believe in the Easter bunny, tooth fairy, or Santa Claus, yet believe in "god" because of a book written by people over 2000 years ago that were basically clueless and ignorant. People, get your heads out of your asses.

Maybe I'm feeling like this because I haven't been laid in a while.

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]