Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-18-2005, 03:09 AM

Default Re: 50/100 hand against mahatma at UB

When hero calls 1700 on the turn what does mahatma think hero has?..
AK would be likely here i think. Maybe K-Q, K-J (or weaker), but isnīt better to make a reraise on turn in that case as to define his strenght (if mahatma calls hero is obviusly beat and can fold no matter what mahatma bets on the river but can get a check from tp or ak) and prevent mahatma from valuebetting the river and thus get a cheaper showdown? With A-K hero can call turn with the idea of calling a pottsize bet, raising a small bet (for value) or valuebetting a check on the river.

I assume mahatma knows this..

The other hands mahatma considers is K-10 and 10-10
If hero made a set of tens, then there is likely a raise on the turn from hero. (Or if mahatma makes these allin plays on river often a call would be better, but then the call on the river with ak would also be auotomatic. Iīm assuming mahatma doesnt make the plays often enough).
Anyway these hands are far more less likely than A-K, K-Q, K-J. (And if mahatma holds Q-J itīs more likely for him to believe hero holds A-K)

I think therīs a good chance mahatma interprets the turn call as A-K and with that in mind itīs hard to pull a big bluff. Is he capable of bluffing though he suspects u have A-K?

Conclusion: Mahatma has Q-J making a straight