Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   50/100 hand against mahatma at UB (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=227)

Keres 08-18-2005 01:24 AM

50/100 hand against mahatma at UB

UB 50/100 NL Hold'em

Random Player A is at seat 0 with $4648.
Hero is at seat 3 with $12034.50.
Random Player B is at seat 5 with $13425.
Random Player C is at seat 6 with $9100.
Mahatma is at seat 7 with $17187.
The button is at seat 5.

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG Folds, Hero raises to $350, Button folds, SB folds, BB (Mahatma) calls

Flop: ($750) 10[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Mahatma checks. Hero bets $500. Mahatma calls.

Turn: ($1750) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Mahatma bets $1700. Hero calls.

River: ($5150) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Mahatma goes all-in for $14587. Hero?

Allinlife 08-18-2005 01:31 AM

Re: 50/100 hand against mahatma at UB

forgive me, but is this even worth discussing?

insta-call

captZEEbo 08-18-2005 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

insta-call

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you put him on that calls flop and turn and pushes river that makes this an insta-call...?

Allinlife 08-18-2005 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

insta-call

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you put him on that calls flop and turn and pushes river that makes this an insta-call...?

[/ QUOTE ]
I know this is gonna sound idiotic, but my reasoning is basically "I have top 2 against mahatma, who is very capable of doing this with very wide range of hands from bluff, worse 2 pair, and set" if he has a set, so be it but my hand is likely to be the favorite.

I guess a lot still depends on how hero/mahatma were getting along in previous hands though.

CamelZoo 08-18-2005 01:59 AM

an aside: do you ever raise turn here?

Allinlife 08-18-2005 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
an aside: do you ever raise turn here?

[/ QUOTE ]
whenever you bet/raise, think if it'll get a call from worse hands or fold out better hands. if it does neither, then it's a bad bet/raise.

psyduck 08-18-2005 02:34 AM

Depends. Is Mahatma still tilting and bluff happy? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

shaniac 08-18-2005 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know this is gonna sound idiotic, but my reasoning is basically "I have top 2 against mahatma, who is very capable of doing this with very wide range of hands from bluff, worse 2 pair, and set" if he has a set, so be it but my hand is likely to be the favorite.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think your reasoning sounds idiotic at all. I'm sure I'd call there, but that might be the result of my aversion to laying down big hands. I'm just curious why you didn't put QJ (the nuts) in his range. Would he not play QJ in this manner, too?

DonButtons 08-18-2005 03:07 AM

If this is from this week Id prob. fold, as this is usually the nuts, last week this meant big bluff LOL.

Allinlife 08-18-2005 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think your reasoning sounds idiotic at all. I'm sure I'd call there, but that might be the result of my aversion to laying down big hands. I'm just curious why you didn't put QJ (the nuts) in his range. Would he not play QJ in this manner, too?

[/ QUOTE ]
diddn't even see that because I'm a bad reader. he could very well play QJ in this manner, it's mahatma.. who knows damn it.

it must be cool being a "he could have anything guy". but sadly, I'm afraid to try out his style at fear of losing money. I wish there were a more text book approach to learning the style.