Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Q9o
Raise 10 26.32%
Call 6 15.79%
Fold 22 57.89%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-03-2007, 11:01 PM

Default Re: SMP Ring Game

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, If I win you have to defend to your best effort the positions that skidoo, or propertarian makes within the next week your choice. What do you want if you win?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooooh, this is juicy. Let me think on this for a minute, I'll let you know tomorrow afternoon. And if we do this, its gonna have to be Sunday afternoon at the earliest, my brother is coming into town and I gotta entertain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, Doug, this is aside from the main game in this thread, but I will play you in a $50 heads up match, and if I lose I will defend to the best of my ability the posts of Skidoo for the week. I will be entirely earnest and honest in my effort.

But if I win, you have to post for a week using nothing but Scripture, and you have to try to be as relevant as possible. Only you can't use the Bible, any other Holy Book or works is fair game though. This sound like a deal? We can do a freezeout on FT or something, maybe? I assumed you wanted to play NLHE? So long as we can do it where a bunch of SMP regulars can rail.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:07 PM

Awesome.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:56 PM

You just deserve to win now.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I forgot - if anyone chooses "Other" it would be useful to specify.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for making the poll for me, Rduke. Does anyone know of an easy way we could set this up on some site?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure Pokerstars allows anyone to set up private tournaments. I've never set one up but I've played in one.

Not sure about Full Tilt.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, If I win you have to defend to your best effort the positions that skidoo, or propertarian makes within the next week your choice. What do you want if you win?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooooh, this is juicy. Let me think on this for a minute, I'll let you know tomorrow afternoon. And if we do this, its gonna have to be Sunday afternoon at the earliest, my brother is coming into town and I gotta entertain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, Doug, this is aside from the main game in this thread, but I will play you in a $50 heads up match, and if I lose I will defend to the best of my ability the posts of Skidoo for the week. I will be entirely earnest and honest in my effort.

But if I win, you have to post for a week using nothing but Scripture, and you have to try to be as relevant as possible. Only you can't use the Bible, any other Holy Book or works is fair game though. This sound like a deal? We can do a freezeout on FT or something, maybe? I assumed you wanted to play NLHE? So long as we can do it where a bunch of SMP regulars can rail.

[/ QUOTE ]I will have to think about this. Does the Kama Sutra count as a holy book? I wouldn't know how to play NLHE HU, I was thinking limit holdem. I don't think I can agree to your terms. If you win, I probably just wouldn't post much for a week. I think I may post more just in scripture anyways, seems like fun.

But I will likely play in the Ring Game, if I can make it.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I want to find out the cumulative results of the theists vs. atheists.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mark Twain wrote a story similar to this. The men of God ended up busto.

Science vs Luck
Old 01-04-2007, 10:45 PM

I'm down either way...I'm equally poor at both formats, so you want me in the game.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I will have to think about this. Does the Kama Sutra count as a holy book? I wouldn't know how to play NLHE HU, I was thinking limit holdem. I don't think I can agree to your terms. If you win, I probably just wouldn't post much for a week. I think I may post more just in scripture anyways, seems like fun.

But I will likely play in the Ring Game, if I can make it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd definitely play LHE, if you want. I just thought my terms were a good rebuttal for your terms, and the responses of Rduke and madnak made me think I was right. But if you'd rather just play in the tourny or whatever we decide on, thats fine too.

To everyone else, I will start looking into this more seriously on Sunday, and will let you know the specifics then. It looks like it is going to be some sort of tourny, probably around $20.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:50 PM

I'm in (theist). This sounds like a blast regardless. Any form of hold 'em is ok w/ me. I'm actually at the PCA right now - any of you guys down here? Anyone know if DS is?

As for HORSE, I don't see what basketball has to do with this thread.

I'm only 21, but I think I know how to play stud - it's kinda like Uno right?

<font color="white"> (kidding obv.) </font>
Old 01-04-2007, 11:53 PM

vhawk, it was a pretty awesome response. As of right now I think I'll just try to participate in the tourney or what not.