Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2007, 02:33 AM

Default 50nl KK runs into a nasty turn

Villain is 18/16/4.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Hero (SB): $50.00
BB: $56.20
UTG: $42.25
CO: $50.00
BTN: $146.60

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 Players)
3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, BB calls $1.50

Flop: ($4) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $3.00</font>, BB calls $3.00

Turn: ($10) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $7.00</font>, BB calls $7.00

River: ($24) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets $15.00</font>, Hero calls $15.00

Who likes the check/call? Should I have lead again? Should I have even bet the turn? Is there a better line I should be taking?
Old 09-04-2007, 02:46 AM

Default Re: 50nl KK runs into a nasty turn

You should check his stats on different streets, as played, i would probably check the turn, depends what is your image, i play similar stats, and i dont call with suited connectors out of the blinds, maybe he does it ,do you have reads on that? usually its a low pocket pair, he might call here with 66 and doesnt think you have the A, but depending on your stats it may change, the bet on the turn is arguable, but its a good way to get info from your opponent if he has something here, cause you still have the nut flush draw and its not a total bluff.
On the river,his range is pretty limited to an Ace , a set or a flush. So its def a fold. Your line is fine.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:57 AM

Ah turn play could depend a bit.

As played I think you gotta fold river.
Old 09-04-2007, 03:27 AM

The Ac completed most draws out there. Though you are drawing the nuts flush on the river. I would check turn and see if i can get a cheap look at the river. If not i fold.
Old 09-04-2007, 03:40 AM

check fold the turn face up.
Old 09-04-2007, 03:47 AM

Villain would have raised the turn, usually, if he had the flush. He's sufficiently aggro and we know he's not holding anything but the baby flush if he has it.

The A didn't hit him unless he was floating -- and that's a small part of his range.

River call is not illogical and I for one don't hate it. The flopped boat would be one of my biggest concerns, and as that's a small part of his range the call seems fine to me.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain would have raised the turn, usually, if he had the flush. He's sufficiently aggro and we know he's not holding anything but the baby flush if he has it.

The A didn't hit him unless he was floating -- and that's a small part of his range.

River call is not illogical and I for one don't hate it. The flopped boat would be one of my biggest concerns, and as that's a small part of his range the call seems fine to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i totally agree with u but then villan shows u quads on the river or something nasty like that. then the perspiration on the forehead starts.

let the villan have a few crumbs and find a better spot.

i check fold the turn.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:08 AM

i don't like check/folding the turn. usually an 18/16 has a pp here and wants to show it down. rarely is he floating with overcards or calling oop with sc, otherwise he wouldn't be 18/16. c/c and betting both seem reasonable to me.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't like check/folding the turn. usually an 18/16 has a pp here and wants to show it down. rarely is he floating with overcards or calling oop with sc, otherwise he wouldn't be 18/16. c/c and betting both seem reasonable to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

what does villan have that we can beat when villan calls our 7 dollar bet on the turn? sorry but it looks like all we can beat is a bluff.

investing money into the turn and river thinking we can win is too heroic for me. we have pocket kk and there is possible quads, full house, trips, straight and a flush out there.

i really hope hero called on river so we can find out what the result was. i just cant see villan betting the river with anything except pure air or a hand that beats us. and if villan does have air, i think he would have raised the hero's turn bet.

when villan called the flop, i already didnt like it.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:46 AM

just because villain isn't usually calling us with anything we beat here, doesn't mean that we should fold our hand, because villain is still folding enough of the time for a bet to be profitable here, whether there is any value to be gained or not, simply from taking the pot down. i think the only real question is whether or not we would rather c/c to induce a bet out of hands like 88 that were trying to show down, but think that you're weak and/or don't want to see a 4th club.

if we raised from mp and villain called on the button, everything would be different, but this guy's range is probably mostly mid/small pp here.