Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   50nl KK runs into a nasty turn (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=493121)

bored 09-04-2007 02:33 AM

50nl KK runs into a nasty turn

Villain is 18/16/4.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Hero (SB): $50.00
BB: $56.20
UTG: $42.25
CO: $50.00
BTN: $146.60

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 Players)
3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, BB calls $1.50

Flop: ($4) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $3.00</font>, BB calls $3.00

Turn: ($10) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $7.00</font>, BB calls $7.00

River: ($24) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets $15.00</font>, Hero calls $15.00

Who likes the check/call? Should I have lead again? Should I have even bet the turn? Is there a better line I should be taking?

Mc_AD 09-04-2007 02:46 AM

Re: 50nl KK runs into a nasty turn

You should check his stats on different streets, as played, i would probably check the turn, depends what is your image, i play similar stats, and i dont call with suited connectors out of the blinds, maybe he does it ,do you have reads on that? usually its a low pocket pair, he might call here with 66 and doesnt think you have the A, but depending on your stats it may change, the bet on the turn is arguable, but its a good way to get info from your opponent if he has something here, cause you still have the nut flush draw and its not a total bluff.
On the river,his range is pretty limited to an Ace , a set or a flush. So its def a fold. Your line is fine.

Lego05 09-04-2007 02:57 AM

Ah turn play could depend a bit.

As played I think you gotta fold river.

Harry Fong 09-04-2007 03:27 AM

The Ac completed most draws out there. Though you are drawing the nuts flush on the river. I would check turn and see if i can get a cheap look at the river. If not i fold.

sqwisssssss 09-04-2007 03:40 AM

check fold the turn face up.

Kasane 09-04-2007 03:47 AM

Villain would have raised the turn, usually, if he had the flush. He's sufficiently aggro and we know he's not holding anything but the baby flush if he has it.

The A didn't hit him unless he was floating -- and that's a small part of his range.

River call is not illogical and I for one don't hate it. The flopped boat would be one of my biggest concerns, and as that's a small part of his range the call seems fine to me.

sqwisssssss 09-04-2007 04:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain would have raised the turn, usually, if he had the flush. He's sufficiently aggro and we know he's not holding anything but the baby flush if he has it.

The A didn't hit him unless he was floating -- and that's a small part of his range.

River call is not illogical and I for one don't hate it. The flopped boat would be one of my biggest concerns, and as that's a small part of his range the call seems fine to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i totally agree with u but then villan shows u quads on the river or something nasty like that. then the perspiration on the forehead starts.

let the villan have a few crumbs and find a better spot.

i check fold the turn.

DaycareInferno 09-04-2007 05:08 AM

i don't like check/folding the turn. usually an 18/16 has a pp here and wants to show it down. rarely is he floating with overcards or calling oop with sc, otherwise he wouldn't be 18/16. c/c and betting both seem reasonable to me.

EvanJC 09-04-2007 05:14 AM

i like how you played the hand on every street

Asheh 09-04-2007 05:31 AM

As played fold river, check/call turn, and check/fold river. vs Supernit this is no good