Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2007, 06:37 PM

Default Lisa Lampanelli

I watched her comedy special last night, and while I find some of her stuff really funny I hate how her act is basically stuff like this....

"So I was dribbling a basketball down the street with my black boyfriend when a jew came up and stole our money, so my boyfriend took out his gun, and I'm not talking about his huge black [censored], he took it out and was going to shoot the guy when a mexican police officer came over and started beating him with a churro, and I said hey Pepe why don't you go mow my lawn..."

ZING! Cutting edge comedy. Yeah, I get it, certain races have sterotypes attached too them. She doesn't make them funny and she is just spreading racism.

Discuss?
Old 01-29-2007, 06:39 PM

Default Re: Lisa Lampanelli

I thought her entire schtick was that she f***s black dudes and is old fat and gross.

I'm surprised to learn she brings Hispanics into it now.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:53 PM

"OMG I am a fat white woman so I [censored] black guys! I have had more black men in me than a <insert racial stereotype here>!"

I [censored] hate Lise Lampanelli.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:39 PM

I watched the first few minutes and literally almost choked on my drink when she was talking to the Chinese girl and said "I'm so glad your dad decided not to drown you." That was awesome.

Then it quickly degenerated into unfunny stereotyping for shock value and I changed the channel.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I watched the first few minutes and literally almost choked on my drink when she was talking to the Chinese girl and said "I'm so glad your dad decided not to drown you." That was awesome.

Then it quickly degenerated into unfunny stereotyping for shock value and I changed the channel.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats basically my experience with watching it. I should have said that I think her talking with the audience and some actual material are pretty [censored] funny.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:46 PM

People have been banned from here for less...

-J
Old 01-29-2007, 08:17 PM

cant remember if it was from the new one or old one they have been showing lately but i late the racist sounding truck nignignignignignignignignig-[censored]
Old 01-29-2007, 08:23 PM

her stuff is very hit or miss, the wife and I watched the special last night (had seen her on the uncensored late night thing on CC a few months back). Not nearly as good as her first special though.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I think some of her stuff is pretty funny though, some of the stuff, is pretty retarded.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:38 PM

I just glazed over much of this thread but I happen to have seen Lisa Lampinelli multiple times in clubs in NY (not on purpose, just as one of the acts at Stand Up NY or something like that). Anyhow, I think she is pretty terrible. All her jokes are just spewing stereotypes about people and self-degredation. Granted, she sticks a couple of good ones in there once in a while but it gets old before it even starts. I remember that everyone at the club was eating it up but it was all such cliched crap, just a mix of trying to be offensive + stuff like "Hey, remember this stereotype about black people/gays/Puerto ricans etc." Do an hour about fat, ugly white women and maybe I'll change my mind on you, Lampinelli, but for the most part I give her a 2/10, maybe 3. Unfortunately, there aren't very many good female comedians, with lots of them being Sarah Silverman clones (just not as hot). This wasn't always the case but seems to be worse nowadays (old ladies of SNL were really good).