Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2007, 10:20 PM

Default guesses on when partypoker becomes #1 again?

I am guessing by the end of 2007. PokerStars and FTP are going to be toast; I wonder who the feds are going to take down first. Things are going to get real ugly, real soon.

I wonder how Lee H. Jones is feeling. I hate stars and would love to see them go down!!!
Old 01-17-2007, 10:22 PM

Default Re: guesses on when partypoker becomes #1 again?

LOL! ARE YOU HIGH???
Old 01-17-2007, 10:23 PM

And your purpose here is what?
Old 01-17-2007, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am guessing by the end of 2007. PokerStars and FTP are going to be toast; I wonder who the feds are going to take down first. Things are going to get real ugly, real soon.

I wonder how Lee H. Jones is feeling. I hate stars and would love to see them go down!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 01-17-2007, 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My Mom heard about the neteller thing and asked if this meant my online-poker career was over.

I said no but that lots of idiots were panicking about it and saying some really 'end of the world' type stuff about it.

Then I thought that calling them 'idiots' was a bit harsh just because they had a different opinion from my admittedly extremely uninformed one.

Then I read more stuff on here that has me feeling much less bad about calling the panickers 'idiots'.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:43 PM

Nice gimmick account, Mike.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:58 PM

There are some newer posters and lurkers that probably have a legit question as to how the feds could not take down FT or Stars. They aren't stupid, just new. They are smart enough not to make stupid posts like "OMG these sites are going dowWWnnn11!!!!!" but are afraid to ask ehy this is.

Look kids: The United States does not have juridiction outside its borders. Pokersites are not set up on U.S. soil. Therefore they have no jurisdiction. It's that simple.

Well, I guess we could expand the war on terror... Lee Jones as an enemy combatant? See ya in Gitmo dude!
Old 01-17-2007, 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Look kids: The United States does not have juridiction outside its borders. Neteller was not set up on U.S. soil, it was based in the Isle of Man, floated on the London Stock exchange, regulated by the FSA and its servers were based outside the US. Therefore they have no jurisdiction. It's that simple.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your so right, thanks for the info!
Old 01-18-2007, 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Look kids: The United States does not have juridiction outside its borders.

[/ QUOTE ]

No Offense, but this is an extremely inaccurate description of U.S. and international law. Even if this statement were accurate, we're not talking about 'alleged' crimes that are occurring outside of the U.S.'s borders.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Look kids: The United States does not have juridiction outside its borders.

[/ QUOTE ]

No Offense, but this is an extremely inaccurate description of U.S. and international law. Even if this statement were accurate, we're not talking about 'alleged' crimes that are occurring outside of the U.S.'s borders.

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense, but in the international context a country's jurisdiction is defined as the territory over which authority is exercised. The U.S. simply cannot walk into Gibraltar and start arresting people. Why? Because they don't have jurisdiction. There certainly are many ways for the U.S. to put pressure on companies, by doing things like arresting their employees when they touch u.s. soil or forcing U.S. banks to stop working with them. However, since there is so much money to be made I am confident that some companies will be able to withstand these pressures (unlike party and neteller) in which case there is nothing the U.S. can do about it.