Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   guesses on when partypoker becomes #1 again? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=308552)

gonebroke2 01-17-2007 10:20 PM

guesses on when partypoker becomes #1 again?

I am guessing by the end of 2007. PokerStars and FTP are going to be toast; I wonder who the feds are going to take down first. Things are going to get real ugly, real soon.

I wonder how Lee H. Jones is feeling. I hate stars and would love to see them go down!!!

Mr.JR 01-17-2007 10:22 PM

Re: guesses on when partypoker becomes #1 again?

LOL! ARE YOU HIGH???

oober 01-17-2007 10:23 PM

And your purpose here is what?

LeapFrog 01-17-2007 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am guessing by the end of 2007. PokerStars and FTP are going to be toast; I wonder who the feds are going to take down first. Things are going to get real ugly, real soon.

I wonder how Lee H. Jones is feeling. I hate stars and would love to see them go down!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

http://img466.imageshack.us/img466/7905/banhimap7.jpg

MicroBob 01-17-2007 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My Mom heard about the neteller thing and asked if this meant my online-poker career was over.

I said no but that lots of idiots were panicking about it and saying some really 'end of the world' type stuff about it.

Then I thought that calling them 'idiots' was a bit harsh just because they had a different opinion from my admittedly extremely uninformed one.

Then I read more stuff on here that has me feeling much less bad about calling the panickers 'idiots'.

Zele 01-17-2007 10:43 PM

Nice gimmick account, Mike.

Gregatron 01-17-2007 10:58 PM

There are some newer posters and lurkers that probably have a legit question as to how the feds could not take down FT or Stars. They aren't stupid, just new. They are smart enough not to make stupid posts like "OMG these sites are going dowWWnnn11!!!!!" but are afraid to ask ehy this is.

Look kids: The United States does not have juridiction outside its borders. Pokersites are not set up on U.S. soil. Therefore they have no jurisdiction. It's that simple.

Well, I guess we could expand the war on terror... Lee Jones as an enemy combatant? See ya in Gitmo dude!

Tuco 01-17-2007 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate stars and would love to see them go down!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I never would have guessed that.

Tuco.

iggymcfly 01-17-2007 11:14 PM

Just as some people take the "sky is falling" thing a little far, I think some people go a little far with the optimism too. The idea that the US government can't do anything to FT and Stars because they're outside their borders is ludicrous considering what's happened lately.

The fact is that within another 6 months, it's very likely that Full Tilt and Stars will be as difficult to access for Americans as PartyPoker is now. It won't be impossible if you set up foreign accounts and access the internet from a proxy or something, but they're certainly making it difficult.

LeapFrog 01-17-2007 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just as some people take the "sky is falling" thing a little far, I think some people go a little far with the optimism too. The idea that the US government can't do anything to FT and Stars because they're outside their borders is ludicrous considering what's happened lately.

The fact is that within another 6 months, it's very likely that Full Tilt and Stars will be as difficult to access for Americans as PartyPoker is now. It won't be impossible if you set up foreign accounts and access the internet from a proxy or something, but they're certainly making it difficult.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really, ISPs are going to be restricting access to poker sites? Please elaborate.

edited to add: unless your implying the sites would drop US players voluntarily