Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2006, 11:31 AM

Default 2007 TOC

Anybody know if there has been any announcement about the TOC next year. I see a circuit schedule, but nothing about the TOC or qualifying requirements.
Old 08-25-2006, 02:29 PM

Default Re: 2007 TOC

You need to win 3 circuit events, and be a big name pro. Also, you need to wear Harrah's branded apparel at every tournament, and sing their praises on a national media source. LOL
Old 08-25-2006, 02:32 PM

I haven't heard anything about it, but I assumed that the WSOP Main event entry for the winner of the circuit events was a substitute for the ToC entry. The Main Event entry is worth a lot less than a ToC entry, but with the lower buy-in for the Circuit events and the lack of TV coverage, I guess this makes sense.
Old 08-25-2006, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You need to win 3 circuit events, and be a big name pro. Also, you need to wear Harrah's branded apparel at every tournament, and sing their praises on a national media source. LOL

[/ QUOTE ]
John,
Watch the Harrah's bashing. I appreciate you participating here but bashing Harrah's has become an unneeded staple of your posts.
~Justin
Old 08-27-2006, 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
John,
Watch the Harrah's bashing. I appreciate you participating here but bashing Harrah's has become an unneeded staple of your posts.
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

justin - i just got a chill reading that.

please tell me i wasnt wrong about forums such as these being the last and only public mass medium where being candid, genuine, and interesting is fostered and encouraged.

are you or the site affiliated with harrah's?
why do you care how much JG bashes them?

why do people on this site, moderators included, feel the need to curb interesting people who decide to post on 2+2?

this site is certainly much more interesting since u guys got rid of paul phillips [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-27-2006, 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this site is certainly much more interesting since u guys got rid of paul phillips [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ] you did mean much less, right?
Old 08-27-2006, 11:56 PM

does this mean i can't play in it next year
Old 08-28-2006, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] you did mean much less, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, i was being sarcastic.

justin claims that johnny was putting a harrah's jab into every post he made.
i went and read every post JG ever made, and this simply isnt close to being true. [yes, i get bored at work, and there were only 34 of them.]

justin may actually be getting the message that the mods need to chill a bit, but damned if he's gonna actually announce that he realizes he made a mistake.

mods just need to remember that it is in fact possible for a job to exist that actually doesnt require very much action. the problem arises when mods start to feel like they're not modding enough and thus are not earning their title.
Old 08-27-2006, 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
John,
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

oh god...please tell me this is a joke.....Harrah isn't a poster here, is he??
Old 08-27-2006, 02:36 PM

No the site nor myself have any affiliation with Harrah's and I dont have a problem calling out companies, however, when you make it a point to mention anything in a negative light in every post you make I become weary.
~J