Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Tournament Circuit/WSOP (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   2007 TOC (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=196058)

Blair Rodman 08-25-2006 11:31 AM

2007 TOC

Anybody know if there has been any announcement about the TOC next year. I see a circuit schedule, but nothing about the TOC or qualifying requirements.

JohnGroomsTD 08-25-2006 02:29 PM

Re: 2007 TOC

You need to win 3 circuit events, and be a big name pro. Also, you need to wear Harrah's branded apparel at every tournament, and sing their praises on a national media source. LOL

NickMPK 08-25-2006 02:32 PM

I haven't heard anything about it, but I assumed that the WSOP Main event entry for the winner of the circuit events was a substitute for the ToC entry. The Main Event entry is worth a lot less than a ToC entry, but with the lower buy-in for the Circuit events and the lack of TV coverage, I guess this makes sense.

olivert 08-25-2006 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anybody know if there has been any announcement about the TOC next year. I see a circuit schedule, but nothing about the TOC or qualifying requirements.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://pokerbiz411.com/2006/07/31/harrahslowersfee.aspx

Harrah's has put the TOC on indefinite hiatus while it evaluates the future of the TOC.

Also note that Harrah's did NOT have a TV contract for the 2007 WSOP Circuit events as of July.

The new TV contact between Harrah's and ESPN, which covered the 2006-2010 WSOP 7-week summer tournament series, does NOT include any other WSOP-branded event, including any of the WSOP Circuit events.

You really, really need to read the poker business news articles I write, as those articlea are chock full of information that I consider to be essential knowledge for anyone who plays televised poker.

I consider anyone who plays televised poker events to be more like an ENTERTAINMENT TALENT rather than a poker player.

There are a lot of things that poker players/entertainment talent need to learn about the way the entertainment industry operates.

JackOfSpeed 08-25-2006 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You really, really need to read the poker business news articles I write, as those articlea are chock full of information that I consider to be essential knowledge for anyone who plays televised poker.

I consider anyone who plays televised poker events to be more like an ENTERTAINMENT TALENT rather than a poker player.

There are a lot of things that poker players/entertainment talent need to learn about the way the entertainment industry operates.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oliver,

I checked out your link, and then searched for articles you wrote. There are a whole bunch, and I went back and skimmed the ones from the last few months, but the only one I found that had anything to do with what you just wrote was one about several big name pros suing WPT. Can you link a few more articles that people planning on playing televised tournaments should read? Thanks.

Jurollo 08-25-2006 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You need to win 3 circuit events, and be a big name pro. Also, you need to wear Harrah's branded apparel at every tournament, and sing their praises on a national media source. LOL

[/ QUOTE ]
John,
Watch the Harrah's bashing. I appreciate you participating here but bashing Harrah's has become an unneeded staple of your posts.
~Justin

uter 08-27-2006 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
John,
Watch the Harrah's bashing. I appreciate you participating here but bashing Harrah's has become an unneeded staple of your posts.
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

justin - i just got a chill reading that.

please tell me i wasnt wrong about forums such as these being the last and only public mass medium where being candid, genuine, and interesting is fostered and encouraged.

are you or the site affiliated with harrah's?
why do you care how much JG bashes them?

why do people on this site, moderators included, feel the need to curb interesting people who decide to post on 2+2?

this site is certainly much more interesting since u guys got rid of paul phillips [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

SossMan 08-27-2006 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
John,
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

oh god...please tell me this is a joke.....Harrah isn't a poster here, is he??

Jurollo 08-27-2006 02:36 PM

No the site nor myself have any affiliation with Harrah's and I dont have a problem calling out companies, however, when you make it a point to mention anything in a negative light in every post you make I become weary.
~J

Nick B. 08-27-2006 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
John,
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, this is hilarious. If only John was posting a way to steal from Harrah's, it would have definitely gotten your approval since they are a big bad corporation like ESPN.