Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 04:00 PM

Default Ed Miller quits the 2+2 forums

Thought this would get a lot more notice here, than just in About the Forums.

LINKY

Also, see this thread from the "About the Forums" forum for reference.
Old 07-05-2006, 04:04 PM

Default Re: Ed Miller quits the 2+2 forums

that's a shame
Old 07-05-2006, 04:22 PM

i don't want to get into the whole mess but this is just instance of the best posters being driven away. Ed brought a ton to these forums and will be missed.
Old 07-05-2006, 04:31 PM

You know, honestly, OOT is great and all but I have no idea why it's on a poker site or what it has to do with selling poker books.

Furthermore, I don't know what it has to do with improving my poker game, either.

If there's some kind of "community vs. poker" thing going on for some reason, screw OOT, I'd rather keep the poker.
Old 07-05-2006, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You know, honestly, OOT is great and all but I have no idea why it's on a poker site or what it has to do with selling poker books.

Furthermore, I don't know what it has to do with improving my poker game, either.

If there's some kind of "community vs. poker" thing going on for some reason, screw OOT, I'd rather keep the poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think if OOT and other off-topic forums didn't exist, thw strategy forums would become cluttered with all sorts of off-topic nonsense.
Old 07-05-2006, 04:36 PM

Why was this moved from NVG to here while the thread about Cola's name change stays in NVG?

It is gossip about a poker author and his relationship with his publisher's forums. How does that not qualify for NVG?
Old 07-05-2006, 04:39 PM

totally agree. silly to move this thread.
Old 07-05-2006, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

adanthar,

OOT and other non-strat forums are indeed a very important part of the overall community here. They help keep posters coming back everyday which is what the site's advertisers want, and keep the focus on 2+2 as the premier poker site on the net.

I too will miss Ed if he decides not to post or write articles for the magazine any more, but he was not driven out by insults as some name pros have unfortunately been in the past. His wife also was not gratuitously insulted and runoff, but in fact brought much of the negative and hostile reponse to her upon herself. Indeed she has said she doesn't play much or even like poker, so she is the one out of place here.

If any random group of us poker players were sitting at a table in a bar having a few drinks, I think they would over the course of the night discuss many aspects of life besides poker, and that is what happens on 2+2 in the non-strat forums. Many posters who only discuss poker vastly underestimate the role of non-strat forums in attracting and retaining not only more recreational players, but also many serious ones.

OOT is like the roughest bar in a town. There are plenty others available and you don't have to go there if you can't stand the environment and people there.
Old 07-05-2006, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OOT is like the roughest bar in a town. There are plenty others available and you don't have to go there if you can't stand the environment and people there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hah. More like the rec room in a suburban teenager's house. I'd say 50% of the posts in OOT are made by people who aren't even old enough to drink.

NT
Old 07-05-2006, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Every internet forum ive participated in has had an oot-like forum. In comparison to most of them, our own oot is quite tame.

peace

john nickle
Closed Thread