View Single Post
Old 07-17-2007, 01:28 AM

Default Re: ***Official July Fantasy Baseball Thread***

Trade Proposal:
Proposal:
I'm giving up: Kenji Johjima, Ryan Braun, Shane Victorino
I'm getting: Joe Mauer, Bobby Abreu, Michael Cuddyer

Before you make a decision, please hear out my team situation. I was negotiating a trade yesterday and I was dangling Braun for some of his assets. It's an 10-team roto 5x5 (R HR RBI SB AVG x W SV K ERA WHIP). We have deep teams because we can wanted to pick up prospects and just store them there. Below are our rosters:

Me:
Hitters
Kenji Johjima
Ryan Howard
Chone Figgins
Garrett Atkins
Derek Jeter
Magglio Ordonez
Gary Matthews Jr.
Shane Victorino
Ryan Braun

Bench:
Hideki Matsui
Jim Thome
Adrian Gonzalez
Aaron Rowand
Placido Polanco
Jeff Francoeur

Pitchers:
Derek Lowe
Chien-Ming Wang
Jake Peavy
Brad Penny
John Smoltz (DL)
Bartolo Colon
Chris Carpenter (DL)
Chad Billingsley
Eric Gagne
Jeremy Accardo

Let's just evaluate my team for now. I need saves but I can't get any from him and other teams know I need saves so they won't budge. I am currently in 3rd place but I was atop the standing for almost a month and a half (due to Braun running sickly hot and my monstrous all-star pitching staff). I am top 3 in R, RBI, W, and ERA and dead last in saves and second to last in SBs. The team I'm dealing with is a self-proclaimed fantasy baseball guru in 7th place that needs immediate production and needs to make a move after All-star break

Proposal:
I'm giving up: Kenji Johjima, Ryan Braun, Shane Victorino
I'm getting: Joe Mauer, Bobby Abreu, Michael Cuddyer

I am getting a big improvement by getting Joe Mauer over Kenji. I have very iffy feelings for Bobby Abreu and I don't even think Cuddyer can make the cut to start in my field (I'd probably start Gary Matthews Jr. and Hideki over him as Cuddyer's performance has been average as of late). Also, Ryan Braun has been on some sick hot and Victorino (picked up recently) is going to help me drastically in the stolen base category that I really need (and also boost me to going from 3rd to 1st in the runs category). I could also get Mike Lowell instead of Cuddyer but I think I'd still start Atkins in 3B as he is finally running hot again

Halp