View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 10:33 PM

Default Re: Stoxtrader is \"In the Well\"

[ QUOTE ]
why do you like to free showdown raise so much in LHE? I rarely find spots where I feel it would be a good play

I think the criteria for a good FSDR spot are:

- some better hands fold, and some worse hands call
- charge draws that won't put more bets in UI
- not have to worry about folding the best hand to a reraise

I find that very rarely will more than 1 of these conditions be met. almost noone folds a pair or ace high in the small-mid limit games I play, draws usually fire a last barrel UI, and vs many aggressive players there is the risk of a 3bet semibluff

some reasons I can think of why FSDR would be good in a general sense is that they help you avoid tough river decisions and raising the turn often may slow down an aggressive flop checkraiser

thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

if your reads on many of your opponents are correct, it does sound like the FSDR goes down in value, but it also sounds like these could be profitable games.

the 3 bet semibluff is arguably the perfect counter, I am surprised you see it often. finding someone who does that OOP on the turn I think is rare, maybe i am wrong.

if you did not think folding the best hand was a risk, raising the turn is better than going call/call in position because you can get three bets if you improve.