View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 07:25 AM

Default Re: **Fantasy Basketball Advice Thread**

[ QUOTE ]

I have the #2 pick in this league. Assuming Lebron is gone, what's my play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Running the numbers on this scoring system, Marion has the best overall contributions by a somewhat significant margin. He's only below average in 3% and assists, pretty natural for his position. If you think his numbers will fall significantly when his contract expires and he relocates, your next best options(factoring age) are Dirk, Wade, Kobe, Amare. If Dirk has center eligibility, he is a slam dunk pick. Even without it, he's probably your best bet. Contributes positively in every category except steals. If you are deadset on taking a "young" player, Bosh, Deng, or Paul are your best bets. Also, Lebron should not be the #1 pick, period.

btw, if you are considering taking someone with the last name Howard at the #2 pick, it should be Josh Howard and not Dwight. Dwight should not be a top 20 pick in that scoring format, his FT% is atrocious and his turnover rate is extremely bad as well. Put another way, his positive contributions in rebounding aren't enough to cancel out his negative FT% numbers. He's also going to negatively impact assists and steals.

I wish I had read this forum when the league was taking signups, I'd love to be in it [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]