View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 08:30 PM

Default Re: Need advice on 2 hands.

[ QUOTE ]
I cant help but comment on hand 1. Yes, raise that preflop but the turn check/fold is terrible. Hero must be the turn here. Being afraid of this overcard is mubsy until someone tells you they have it. Truth be told, hero should be betting the turn NO MATTER WHAT IT IS then playing poker from there.

Alex, if being worried about someone pairing everything an overcard falls to your pair is something you do alot then you need to keep an eye on that...it will cost you monies. Seriously, notice how the check, besides being wrong, also made the hand harder to play because you dont know what to do which is probably why you posted this hand, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly AussieBattler.

I realized how weak it was post play, and just wanted some advice on it, and greatly appreciate all the comments from everyone. Nick D, great response, thanks.

I realized post play that I should have raised, and bet into the Q on the turn.

You see, I played a ton of free money games, (I know, you can't compare the two), and bet a lot to gain information, and from playing about 1700 money hands, I realize that I need to sometimes check to gain information instead.

I know there have been hands where I have correctly, as a matter a fact, more often than not, bet into overcards with the lead, and then folding to raises or continued if just called.

I guess my point is, when do you check for information, as opposed to betting for information. I'm extremely neophyte when it comes to marginal BB situations.

i.e. I have Q9o, a few limp in and I check.

flop: 10,2,9.

My current thought is to bet into this, and fold if I get much resistance, but like I said, I don't really have a feel yet for playing these marginal situations.