View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 07:40 PM

Default Re: Who will win: Dog or Football team?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If it's just one dog vs the team, I pick the team. They should be able to just line up and form a pretty tough barrier for the dog to get around.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's fairly tough to do across a whole football field. Pretty sure if the dog knew what he was doing he could out-flank them and score. Once he got around the edge he's gone. Or if they spread too far he can scoot through the middle.

Also the out of bounds problem is simple, just put up some walls or a fence.

Football team in full pads would be a nice advantage for the dog.

Screw the dog carrying the ball in his mouth or even at all. Strap it on his back if you want. The ball is not really relevant here. Let's just say tackle the dog is the objective.

Dogs are faster, quicker, can corner tighter, can switch directions on a dime, and are lower to the ground than humans. I'd say a well trained dog could do it most times.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you pick a fast breed, team has no chance. I've seen Barry Sanders split not 2, but 3 defenders with no blockers, and a fast dog is faster and corners MUCH faster. And you can't just surround 'one spot' from 60 yards away. Dog goes up one side, tacklers merge to that side of field, dog cuts back and outruns/thru the remaining 3-4 guys to easy TD.

Have you ever owned a fast breed like an italian greyhound? You can't tackle them, no chance. You might need 20 guys or more.

The 'take out the legs' comment is hilarous, you'd have to go so low and dog would leap right over you ftw.