View Single Post
Old 05-15-2007, 07:14 PM

Default Re: The stance on a Sticky Thread.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you feel like parsing the various threads from the past would be too time-consuming, how about as one poster suggested, something like the "Official <insert game> discussion thread"? Anything, any book goes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any member is welcome to make a thread like this and link it as many time as they wish when repeat questions and such are posted. It just could not be stickied. I also think it would make it challenging to read. The more specific the threads are to a certain comment, issue, question, etc the better the thread will be. It would be quite a mess if every post regarding a certain book was in one thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously this isn't my first choice.

Well, I stand as always not convinced by the arguments presented against stickies. But...there's not much point in discussing it really. Mason and deac run the forum, and as such have made it clear that the policy ain't gonna' change unless they think it's in the forum's best interest.

The majority opinion, while still valuable, isn't enough to make the change on this particular matter. Kinda' like we own 49% of the vote and they constitute the other 51%. AK vs. 99 and our AK loses the race every time.

Oh well, at the very least, responding to each and every "which book?" thread ups your post count. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

And just fyi, I do greatly appreciate the efforts of deac and Mason in this forum. Anarchy would reign with out 'em.