Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Maximum Experienced variance? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=502115)

CallistoAA 09-16-2007 05:44 AM

Maximum Experienced variance?

This may be the wrong forum but i 8 tabled 9000 hands of 25/50c nl today and lost 8 buy ins. It seemed every time i was all in with the nuts at the time i would lose when i probably had 80% + equity is it normal to experience downswings with such a large hands sample like this? I do not think i have ever before experienced such a negative swing, I have lost over a period of 10k hands but not straight so is this normal?

JackAll 09-16-2007 06:15 AM

Re: Maximum Experienced variance?

I have 10k hands at 400nl and am running hotter than the sun at 14.5 ptbbs.

So yes, variance at 10k can be crazy.

SpecT 09-16-2007 06:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This may be the wrong forum but i 8 tabled 9000 hands of 25/50c nl today and lost 8 buy ins. It seemed every time i was all in with the nuts at the time i would lose when i probably had 80% + equity is it normal to experience downswings with such a large hands sample like this? I do not think i have ever before experienced such a negative swing, I have lost over a period of 10k hands but not straight so is this normal?

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe ur a losing player.

maybe its not variance.

xxSTWxx 09-16-2007 06:41 AM

thats like 10 or 12 hours 8 tabling in one day...that may well be a losing proposition even without variance...unless you routinely play that amount of hands and win at a decent PT/BB rate, in which case, why are you asking the question.

FWIW I've had a couple of 10k breakeven stretches (at 100NL) and I've dropped 8 buyins in like 1k hands before, but I've never dropped 8 buyins over 10k hands.

Maybe cut back on the tables hours and see what that does?

bubaloo 09-16-2007 06:45 AM

i had a 5 buyin downswing in 300 hands (1 hour) yesterday.

ug45cwb 09-16-2007 06:46 AM

Variance is huge. Last month I had 2 -15BI downswings. Ive already had one -16BI this month. If you cant take a pretty hefty short to medium term loss you should not be playing this game. Does this deserve its own thread? There is lots on this if you do a search

CallistoAA 09-16-2007 07:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe ur a losing player.

maybe its not variance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Def not a losing player, otherwise i would not have any money to downswing with..

I do play a massive amount of hands daily and althoguht some people may not beable to do so i have been for a long time I have never experienced a swing like today brought though.

Update: Played another 1000 hands had a 2 buyin win so seems to be turning around [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

CallistoAA 09-16-2007 07:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Variance is huge. Last month I had 2 -15BI downswings. Ive already had one -16BI this month. If you cant take a pretty hefty short to medium term loss you should not be playing this game. Does this deserve its own thread? There is lots on this if you do a search

[/ QUOTE ]

I can take it, just my biggest NL swing.. Back when i played HU LHE i was used to 200+ BB swings an hour...

bubaloo 09-16-2007 07:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you cant take a pretty hefty short to medium term loss you should not be playing this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

Shizzle12345 09-16-2007 07:09 AM

I lost like 10bi in a matter of like 1k hands to certain very bad fish at hollywood. Somehow i experience sick sick sick variance on that site because some of the fish are just soooo bad. basicly the money went in good in like 7 hands or so. And i didnt win a single pot in a couple 100 hand stretch.

I also went on a 12bi streak at 100NL once in like 1400 hands. It depends how loose you play, also how thin you want to vbet against fish.