Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Help Me with My Vegas Itinerary (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=423286)

SnglMaltScotch 06-08-2007 07:40 PM

Help Me with My Vegas Itinerary

Hey,

I am planning a trip to Vegas from July 20th through July 25th. I am 32 years old and married...partying and drinking all night are not my main objective any more. This is essentially a honeymoon trip for two people that didn't have the money the first time around.

We are staying at Harrahs due to the good reviews that it received and since we are on somewhat of a limited budget, we decided to spend our money on shows and meals rather than the hotel... Good Choice???

I arrive very late on the 20th so there is no time for anything but to get to the hotel and crash. We did buy the $10 roundtrip shuttle from the airport.

Saturday July 21st.

Dinner: Rainforest Cafe at the MGM Grande... Thoughts??

Show: Carrot Top at the Luxor. I saw Carrot Top about 10 years ago and he was good. Comments??

Probably going to crash after that since we are east-coasters and it will be 2 in the morning or so to us after we return from the show...

Sunday July 22nd.

Dinner: Bellagio Buffet... You have to do one buffet in Vegas right

Show: Penn and Teller at the Rio... Never seen them and they seem good... Thoughts??

Monday July 23rd... My 13th wedding anniversary

Dinner: B&B Ristorante at the Venetian
Show: Blue Man Group at the Venetian
Gondula ride afterwards... AHHHHH

Tuesday July 24th

Dinner: Carife Cafe at the Mirage (Reconsidering due to location and show choice)
Show: Folies Bergere at the Trop... Sounds like a cheesy Vegas Show.. Thoughts??

Wednesday July 25th
Bellagio Brunch
Fly home at 2:35..

Day trip to Hoover Dam in there somewhere... You have to go to Hoover Dam... Don't you?

What did I miss... Give me some suggestions..

Thoughts... Comments... Suggestions...

Thanks,
SMS

swope 06-08-2007 08:09 PM

Re: Help Me with My Vegas Itinerary

[ QUOTE ]

Show: Carrot Top at the Luxor. I saw Carrot Top about 10 years ago and he was good. Comments??

[/ QUOTE ]

Scrimp on meals, set aside something for divorce lawyer.

kyleparks 06-08-2007 08:51 PM

i would ditch rainforest cafe, its more of a kiddie place (not sure of the one in vegas though) and def. ditch carrot top - that guy sucks, LDO

Phanekim 06-08-2007 08:52 PM

Hoover Dam sucks. Don't know why anyone would do that. If you wanna get out of vegas, I'd rather go to Red Rock or Valley of Fire. Hoover Dam is crowded and there's nothing there! Its just a big dam.

Yo Adrians! 06-08-2007 09:20 PM

I just keep thinking that if it's you and your wife, you probably should include a meal at the Wynn - she'll love the Wynn. It's beautiful.

SW Steakhouse comes to mind. Or the Wynn's breakfast buffet.

Can't comment on the shows - I have no idea what you're interested in.

Guy who said to ditch the Rain Forest Cafe was right on.

And, I'm thinking you def. need to take her to a Cirque de Sole show ... best shows in Vegas for sure. Maybe 'O' at the Bellagio.

Howard Beale 06-08-2007 09:27 PM

I want to go to B&B next trip myself. It's GOT to be great. Any reviews, folks?

Arbitrage 06-08-2007 10:03 PM

The shuttle is a horrible idea, the trip could end up taking you an hour and with two people you aren't saving any money.

I would skip the Dam.

rutang 06-08-2007 10:28 PM

saw Penn & Teller last year, and they were incredible. I'll probably see them again this year. Consider Bellagio brunch on Sunday, rather than the dinner. Assuming you like Brunches that is. I'm going to hit that Grand Canyon skywalk at some point while i'm here.

xxx 06-08-2007 10:53 PM

Rainforest cafe was the only meal I didn't enjoy the last trip to vegas. I would skip this and replace it with any of the top buffets.

Carrot top: meh, must be aquired taste.

Blue man group and Penn and Teller are excellent. You might want to throw in one of the cirque shows.

DayTripping 06-08-2007 11:27 PM

If you want a really nice meal go downtown to Hugo's Cellar (located inside the Four Queens). One of best places to take your woman in Vegas.