Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   27s: villain shoving any 2? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=368085)

AMT 03-30-2007 06:04 PM

Re: 27s: villain shoving any 2?

without a read i dont think you can call here.

Kevin8423 03-30-2007 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well that is all true but if random villains are always pushing 100% here than we should call because it is +1.3%, even though we will have more time to make our own moves. this is a discussion about hand ranges.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I know, I was just trying to make the point that even if I know he is shoving ATC I might not make the call knowing it is +EV because I can find better situations to get my money in.

Jshuttlesworth 03-30-2007 06:05 PM

k ty AMT... i folded

AMT 03-30-2007 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
well that is all true but if random villains are always pushing 100% here than we should call because it is +1.3%, even though we will have more time to make our own moves. this is a discussion about hand ranges.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I know, I was just trying to make the point that even if I know he is shoving ATC I might not make the call knowing it is +EV because I can find better situations to get my money in.

[/ QUOTE ]

if youre sure he is shoving ATC folding is bad given how profitable getting it in is. of course, you wont know this without a read...

Jshuttlesworth 03-30-2007 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if youre sure he is shoving ATC folding is bad given how profitable getting it in is. of course, you wont know this without a read...

[/ QUOTE ]

ya there's only like 3-4 guys at the 27s that I would do this against now. Not saying there aren't more ppl who shove ATC here, but just that I know of.

Kevin8423 03-30-2007 06:11 PM

Well yeah I was exaggerating it a bit, but with a reasonable read that villain is on a fairly wide range it isn't necessarily always good to call when slightly +EV if you can likely find better spots to take advantage of.

fluorescenthippo 03-30-2007 07:54 PM

id call against most of this forum but not here

Snowplow 03-31-2007 01:49 PM

I don't think most players push with ATC here. Unless you have a read otherwise I would put him on the top 60% or so, and I would fold. BTW is it correct for villian to push 100% of hands from SB here?

fluorescenthippo 03-31-2007 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think most players push with ATC here. Unless you have a read otherwise I would put him on the top 60% or so, and I would fold. BTW is it correct for villian to push 100% of hands from SB here?

[/ QUOTE ]

of course not but it may be +EV