Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2006, 07:39 PM

Default Resizing windows

I have found software that lets you resize non-resizable windows, but there's a problem. It cuts off the stuff in the window, so now my window will be the proper size, but all it did was "hide" the rest. Did that make sense?

Anyways, I was wondering if it would be possible to alter the code of these programs (if attainable) so that it resized the window and kept everything in the window.

TIA
Old 03-19-2006, 08:33 PM

Default Re: Resizing windows

[ QUOTE ]
I have found software ...
the code of these programs ...

[/ QUOTE ]Can you give us a hint as to what software you're talking about? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] It's a little hard to gauge without anything more specific.
-Sam
Old 03-19-2006, 09:13 PM

Default The answer is probably no

Unless the software for the window you are trying to resize is developed to handle window resizing, then the answer will always be "no". And, if it handled window resizing in the first place, you probably wouldn't need another program to hack around it.
Old 03-19-2006, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Can you give us a hint as to what software you're talking about? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] It's a little hard to gauge without anything more specific.

[/ QUOTE ]
In theory an application could be written which allows any window to be re-sized (using WM_PAINT hooks [+others], StretchBlit() and some kind of linear filtering). I never seen anything like this yet, and had looked into this long before party decided to resize windows, but never got round to trying to code it up.

I also wondered if an application existed which allowed for virtual desktop resolutions (nearest I found was to use a remote login program [I forget the name], but it didn't work well).

What you describe sounds like an app which can re-size the window, but not the client area (very easy to write, but not much use sadly). [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-19-2006, 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
In theory an application could be written which allows any window to be re-sized (using WM_PAINT hooks [+others], StretchBlit() and some kind of linear filtering). I never seen anything like this yet, and had looked into this long before party decided to resize windows, but never got round to trying to code it up.

I also wondered if an application existed which allowed for virtual desktop resolutions (nearest I found was to use a remote login program [I forget the name], but it didn't work well).

What you describe sounds like an app which can re-size the window, but not the client area (very easy to write, but not much use sadly). [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, there's not much use when it just "hides" what you resized. Just to make sure I'm understanding you, you said the program I'm talking about is easy to code, right?

I'll look for the link.
Old 03-19-2006, 11:00 PM

The link is here

The program is called "sizer" and is at the bottom.
Old 03-20-2006, 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, there's not much use when it just "hides" what you resized. Just to make sure I'm understanding you, you said the program I'm talking about is easy to code, right?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, if you just want to set a window to a predetermined size (without scaling the contents to fit), then it is very easy to do (only a few lines of code). If you want to scale the contents then it is much harder, and likely quite a big job to do.

Old 03-20-2006, 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, if you just want to set a window to a predetermined size (without scaling the contents to fit), then it is very easy to do (only a few lines of code). If you want to scale the contents then it is much harder, and likely quite a big job to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do I have a volunteer? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-20-2006, 02:42 AM

Whats wrong with the sizer application you posted a link to? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-20-2006, 03:03 AM

It doesn't scale the contents....