Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2006, 01:34 AM

Default totally lost re; taxes

I posted this in general before and didn't get very far. Here is my situation:

I am a Canadian citizen and at the start of last year was a sophmore student at an American private college.

From Jan'05-May'05 I lived and went to school in massachusets. I recieved about $10k in scholarship financial aid grant plus $2k in loans (I paid off the outstanding sum of about $7k in Dec'05), my tution and fees added up to about $22k. During this time I made about $10k playing poker (I do not have records besides neteller withdrawls).

From Jun'05-Sept'05 I lived in massachusets. I do not know what my status was, I left the country in June and returned and my passport was stamped as my regular F-1 visa status. I had however withdrawn from my college and (as I learned over 8 months later) the F-1 visa status was invalid. During this time I made about $15k playing poker (again only neteller records).

From Sept'05-Dec'05 I was in Europe and Canada with one 2 week visit in the US (again incorrectly under the F-1 visa). I didn't make any significant income while in the US for that time period. I did make about $15k playing poker while outside the US however.

I now live in the Czech Republic, without access to either a canadian or american accountant. All neteller withdrawls were (and still are) deposited into my American chequing account. I do not intend to return to college this fall, but probably in the fall of '07. I have no idea where I should start, what I should pay, how, what forms, etc. etc. etc.

thanks in advance,

-SmileyEH