Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2007, 11:05 PM

Default 100 NL AA against an all in on the flop

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $100.50
BB: $49
<font color="black">Hero (UTG): $232</font>
MP: $101.10
<font color="black">CO: $220.05</font>
BTN: $97

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $3.50</font>, MP folds, CO calls $3.50, 3 folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($7) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $6</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $18</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $40</font>, <font color="red">CO raises all-in to $216.55</font>, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $176.55 returned to CO

I feel this is pretty much standard all around. Villain claimed he had QQ after the hand. He was very straightforward a player though, so I doubt he had anything less than a set here.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:09 PM

Default Re: 100 NL AA against an all in on the flop

As it played out, I most likely see a set in this circumstance . . . unless I have a good read or a lot of experience with the opponent.

Any reads or history with the villain? How did the villain get his stack?
Old 04-12-2007, 11:11 PM

I would just call his raise on the flop when you are this deep. If it were up against a shorter stack I would simply push. He may very well make a raise of your continuation bet on the flop with any pocket pair. By calling his raise it should let him know you have a pair as well. You can then reevaluate on the turn.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:13 PM

I've been raising aggressively. Villain seems like a good player, getting his money in good against a donkey one time. I find it hard to believe he would have flat called me preflop with a big pair here (pretty much all I can beat). Interesting about just calling the flop raise. The problem with that is: if the turn is a non-diamond innocuous card, what do I do? C/F?
Old 04-12-2007, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Interesting about just calling the flop raise. The problem with that is: if the turn is a non-diamond innocuous card, what do I do? C/F?

[/ QUOTE ]

we can check call to try to keep the pot small...or we can bet/fold. i think c/f would be weak in this spot unless he shoved, or bet enough to committ your entire stack.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:20 PM

If a non diamond innocent card comes out I lead out for about 2/3 pot to see where I stand. If he r/r you can lay it down easily. If he calls I think you're good at the moment. Could be 1010, JJ, QQ, pair/draw, or combo draw.