Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2006, 07:17 AM

Default Running bad/stat post

Somehow, I've managed to drop ~140 BB over my last 2300 hands, but my W$SD is at 51.35...isn't that kinda high for such a bad spell? Is this normal/common? My W$WSF is 28.33 and my WSD is 26.43. My BB/100 is *yikes* <font color="red">-5.84</font>.

P.S. This PARTIALLY has to do w/ the insanely high rake for 1/2 and 2/4 at PokerRoom (I've been clearing a bonus there), but even such a high rake can have only so much to do w/ a streak like this.
Old 01-03-2006, 09:03 AM

Default Re: Running bad/stat post

Those numbers, taken together, show that you're probably just whiffing on a lot of flops/missing more draws than normal. The fact that your W$SD is still good and your WtSD is so low just means that you're not tilting, and still (probably) making good folds postflop.

I dropped about 170 BBs to start the new year in a similar sample size, and have since rebounded somewhat to -87 BBs. These things happen, but so long as you keep playing good poker it'll turn around.
Old 01-03-2006, 01:36 PM

Default Re: Running bad/stat post

Thanks for the input...in my mind I kind of associated a bad spell w/ a low W$SD, but that theory makes sense. And it has certainly seemed that way...[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]